bigganum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since there havent been a PAL release for this game I'm wondering if anyone been successful running the NTSC version on a PAL console?
I've tried many setups but I can only get it to run in either black'n white or I get a bluescreen with the text "Invalid TV format".

If anyone have any suggestion how to get this great game running I would apriciate it very much.

bigganum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Metalik said:
Force NTSC! It works with US SSBB.

Doesnt work, tried that already with several versions of neogamma and wiiflow and I either get the "Invalid TV format" message or it just runs in black and white.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
I have it running on my 4.2E PAL wii, without any changes to setting. I am running into my TV through a scart cable, and my TV supports NTSC. Any attempt to change the video mode will give the "Invalid TV Format" message. Unless you have a TV that supports an NTSC signal, you won't be able to play
frown.gif

bigganum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mrgone said:
bigganum said:
black'n white

b&W means: you do not have a rgb or scart cable, but just the wii default cable (red/white for audio, yellow for picture)

Thanks for the reply.
I got the wii default cable, tried to plug it in directly to the tv and through scart and none of them worked.
So do I have to get another cable to be able to play it with colours?
Too bad if its true, since most ntsc-games works with the right config/loader.

bigganum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Category said:
I have it running on my 4.2E PAL wii, without any changes to setting. I am running into my TV through a scart cable, and my TV supports NTSC. Any attempt to change the video mode will give the "Invalid TV Format" message. Unless you have a TV that supports an NTSC signal, you won't be able to play
frown.gif

Thats probably it. Maybe something that blocks forced videosettings.
I guess ill have to wait and hold my thumbs for a PAL release.
Thanks for your swift reply though.
smile.gif

Ferriske

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have it running here on disc via neogamma 9 rev47 no problems at all.... with just standard settings. haven't tried running it with config USB or any other USB loader yet but I don't see there being any problems .

4.2 e, 249 38 rev 17,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
bigganum said:
Category said:
frown.gif

Thats probably it. Maybe something that blocks forced videosettings.
I guess ill have to wait and hold my thumbs for a PAL release.
Thanks for your swift reply though.
smile.gif

Check up on "Netonnet" for HDTV cables. After that it should work fine with all NTSC games. I got some black n white games before. (like 2 or 3) with the default cables but never with these.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
I have it running on a 4.2 PAL Wii using the standard Wii cables (red, white and yellow) in CFG Loader.

Full colour and didn't need to tweak any of the options to get it to work.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
did you try changing the settings to force pal either 50 or 60? if you haven't give that a shot. i know that when i got black and white (before i got some component cables) i had to change settings to force ntsc so doing the opposite should work for you.

scsiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
How about getting
Dragons.Lair.Trilogy.USA.WII-dumpTruck
instead??

works without any modifications in the settings....

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scsiman said:
How about getting
Dragons.Lair.Trilogy.USA.WII-dumpTruck
instead??

works without any modifications in the settings....
Won't help, it makes no difference which USA release he uses.

You could try forcing PAL...

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
works in full color here, using composite cable btw.

Annoying thing is, this is called Dragons Lair Trilogy but wtf? where is part 3 of Dragons Lair.... Damn Space Ace...

tongue.gif

churkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bigganum said:
Since there havent been a PAL release for this game I'm wondering if anyone been successful running the NTSC version on a PAL console?
I've tried many setups but I can only get it to run in either black'n white or I get a bluescreen with the text "Invalid TV format".

If anyone have any suggestion how to get this great game running I would apriciate it very much.

Game works fine on my pal wii 4.3e using cfg loader v60 ios249, using component cable. works fine with composite cable too.

This problem is caused by your TV not being able to display 60hz/NTSC signals correctly.

churkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
churkus said:
bigganum said:

Game works fine on my pal wii 4.3e using cfg loader v60 ios249, using component cable. works fine with composite cable too.

This problem is caused by your TV not being able to display 60hz/NTSC signals correctly.
Sorry I should expand on that a little,,,,your TV at the least is not able to display 60hz/NTSC signal using whatever cable you are using at present. I remember I had a TV that would display NTSC in black and white using its compostie inputs, but would display in color using a fully wired RGB cable.

bigganum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
churkus said:
churkus said:
bigganum said:

Sorry I should expand on that a little,,,,your TV at the least is not able to display 60hz/NTSC signal using whatever cable you are using at present. I remember I had a TV that would display NTSC in black and white using its compostie inputs, but would display in color using a fully wired RGB cable.

Yeah it's probably the tv i'm playing on atm, which is a couple of years old so its not surprising. (its a big good ol' CRT widescreen TV.
smileipb2.png
)
Most NTSC-games works however it's just a few titles that's in black and white.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My old fat one (from 94) worked fine on the most NTSC games also, aspecially when using force 50
smile.gif

Today I got a flatscreen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol