The Noob :(
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I was roaming around and noticed this stuff. Apparently, Conspiracy Entertainment (The same people who helped publish Panzer Tactics DS and a handful of other games for multiple systems) is working on publishing a port of Dragon's Lair for the DS! Very nice to see a truly amazing game from the laserdisc era show up in the palms of our hands now!

Though, no release data seems to be out as of yet, some leaked alpha video is around:

Here is a video of the apparent "Alpha 1.6"
http://www.veoh.com/collection/s349636/wat...1393682AGhfd9Dm

And here are other links, just for misc. information.

Dragon's Lair:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Lair

Conspiracy Entertainment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_Entertainment

Let's just hope for Space Ace and Brain Dead 13 to show up on this list sometime.
smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this is really old (2006 I think), and I read from an issue of Retro Gamer (think it was from the last few months) that the developers rights to release the game will run out soon and so far no publisher wants to pick it up.

I'd doubt we'll see it released.

EDIT: Conspiracy dropped the game a while back, they prefer to release Chicken Hunter JOD, Cocoto Kart Racer & Heracles: BWTG.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Im just going to come out and say it, I hate Dragons lair with a passion.

Its not even a game, or a cartoon. Its just meh, always has been.
I agree, though I did sort of enjoy the Gamecube one as it was a proper game.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
p1ngpong said:
Im just going to come out and say it, I hate Dragons lair with a passion.

Its not even a game, or a cartoon. Its just meh, always has been.
I agree, though I did sort of enjoy the Gamecube one as it was a proper game.

I never got into Dragon's Lair either, but I find that you like the GC game surprising. I remember it coming out and everyone hating it due to bad controls and almost impossible difficulty. But I never played it myself, so I don't know.

Star Wars - The Clone Wars - Jedi Alliance IS Dragon's lair for the ds.

Pretty much this, except it's far easier. That Clone Wars game was amazingly cinematic and those action sequences were pretty cool. Like I said though, they are VERY easy since there is a clear indication of what to do in the situation AND it goes into slow motion when you are executing the move.

Funny too, the reaction commands in Kingdom Hearts 2 remind me of parts of Dragon's Lair, without the penalties. Whether you like DL or not, many games owe a lot of their gameplay elements to it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i can remember seeing dragons lair in the arcade next to pac-man and tempest. those graphics "wow'ed" you. once you learn the controls the game is fun to play through, as it unfolds like a short cartoon movie.

what i’d rather see is a port/recoding as homebrew from one of the various versions released over the years.

if your into laser disc games scroll through this post: http://discosmameproject.blogspot.com/2006...01_archive.html

cheerx,
-another world

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bunch of those old "video" video games.....Mad Dog McCree 1+2, Crime Patrol 1+2, Dragon's Lair 1+2, Space Ace, Space Pirates, Last Bounty Hunter, Who Shot Johnny Rock all in CD versions. And they all fit on one DVD, LOL! They were originals and weren't even protected, so I file copied them to a network drive and can play them from any PC in the house. I also have Braindead 13 in an emu somewhere, not to mention that one....can't rem the name at the moment.....where it showed some scenes, asked you questions on what you saw, psychologically evaluated you and even had a bit of nudity in it and was like 5 or 6 CD's big. Never did get Shadoan or Thayer's Quest though. I know there are a couple more I'm forgetting.

I even have that Dragon's Lair 3D game that came out for PC. Kinda fun, but rather difficult in some areas simply because of the controls.

My point is that I have and played them all before, so the DS version getting canned is no big deal to me. Most of them are pretty cheesy by today's standards though.

I wonder if some homebrewer could take those vids (each game is just a bunch of mpegs), convert them to DPG and make a version of each of them.....they would have to figure how to string the sequences together and make it recognize the inputs and all that, and it would likely be a huge file to put on a flashcart, but I imagine it could be done. In the case of the shooting game, for the DS they could make it use the touchscreen to shoot. Could be an ambitious project for a homebrew developer.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You had to be a 'certain age' to appreciate Dragon's Lair Arcade. A time when there was nothing quite like it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM