Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Coming to PC

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by GamerzHell9137, Sep 8, 2015.

1. GamerzHell9137
    OP

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    qpsHNGf.jpg

The title will be available to purchase globally on digital PC platforms for MSRP EUR 29.99 / GBP 24.99 / $29.99 and at retail outlets across Europe.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for PC will present stunningly high resolution graphics with increased fidelity. The game also includes full Steam platform support with Achievements and the ability to play using both Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, plus the traditional keyboard and mouse control scheme are all available for players to customise the way they play.

Set in a huge open world, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen presents an exhilarating and rewarding action combat gameplay experience. Players embark on an epic adventure with three AI companions, known as Pawns. These partners fight independently, demonstrating prowess and ability that they have developed based on traits learnt from each player. PC users can share these Pawns online and reap rewards of treasure and tips and strategy hints for taking down the terrifying enemies. Pawns can also be borrowed when specific skills are needed to complete various challenging quests.

:arrow:Source

2. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    Nice, Jve heard good things about this game. Will probably pick it up

3. Attila13

Attila13 Praise the Creep!

Oct 11, 2010
    Romania
    Zalau,Romania
    Yes. Finally! So awesome!
    Because I didn't have a chance to play it because of lack of hardware. (yes, not everyone can afford multiple consoles, at least not yet...)
    Can't wait for it. ^_^

P.S.
    GamerzHell9137, I hope that you're better at this than at Skullgrills! :tpi: :creep:

4. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    I really enjoyed it on 360, but I've still not finished it... it was another game that ended up in the backlog when something new came along.
    I'll get back to it eventually.

5. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    A chance for this game to run beyond 10fps, if there was one title that needed a PC port last gen, it'd have been this.

Margen67 likes this.
  6. breaktemp

breaktemp D-Sun who was called D-Moon

Mar 17, 2008
    United States
    TSU...no.1 in tha hood
    And here I was getting down that DD:Online was not coming to PC.

Man, I put in work on this game on 360...got my pawn ranked up to number 10 in the world.

Hmm...while this is a really big and fun game I hope they add more DLC dungeons/bosses.

* the Reaper boss sure was scary on the last 360 update *

7. Logan97

Logan97 G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter
    I put so much effort into this game it hurts, I cannot beat the Dark Arisen expansion at all . I am an assassin and I thought that was the best class, but I was sure wrong, anyhow great to see this finally release on PC :).

8. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2010
    Canada
    In front of my Computer
    I always get the PC version of any games and console games that i get are console exclusive like this game was til this announcement.

I recently just bought it from the PSN on sale for something like 9 bux, so im still quite happy with it and will probably pass on the PC version . . .

9. GamerzHell9137
    OP

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Don't think its gonna have online :/

10. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Very cool. Really liked that game, never got around to beating it though because console game. Now perhaps I will finish it.

11. haxan

haxan GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2011
    in my room?
    Loved it on the PS3 gonna love it on the PC...kinda ( if my PC doesn't die)

12. Nyteshade714

Nyteshade714 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2010
    United States
    I absolutely cannot wait to be one of the many voices on Steam complaining about another port that is locked to 30FPS when we've got systems capable of running it at 120+FPS without slowdown

Margen67 likes this.
  13. Attila13

Oct 11, 2010
    Romania
    Zalau,Romania
    Well...you never know until it's released. :P

GamerzHell9137 likes this.
  14. GamerzHell9137
    OP

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Lets hope for the best lol

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah, PC gamers are spoiled. Welp at least I'm ok with 30 FPS so its fine.

Last edited by GamerzHell9137, Sep 9, 2015
  15. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    Wanting a proper port makes me spoiled? lol

16. GamerzHell9137
    OP

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    No, its just that PC gamers make it like their eyes are gonna explode if the game isn't 144 FPS.

Attila13 likes this.
  17. Nyteshade714

Nyteshade714 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2010
    United States
    Nah I personally always use V-Sync so I sit at 60FPS. What makes us PC gamers angry is paying full price for a port that's so late it may as well be called a remake when the original has already dropped in price down to ~$20 or less (looking squarely at you GTA5), and then discovering that we're locked at a framerate so low the game is jumpy.

For example, the worst ones I've come across personally are several of the Final Fantasy ports on Steam, where the battles are locked to a measly 15 FPS and run so slowly you can literally see the objects jumping across the screen.

18. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    Oh. I thought you were one of those "30fps is more cinematic" people
    While 60fps is nice, it's not required unless it's a multiplayer competitive FPS. Same with 90+ FOV.
    And even when the game IS running at 60fps it's below 1080p because the console's hardware can't handle 1080p/60fps unless they downgrade the game.
    If TF2 was a console exclusive I probably wouldn't be playing it at all. I hate using a controller in FPSs.

GTA 5 isn't FPS capped but Rockstar did implement some bullshit encryption as an anticheat measure (even in singleplayer -_-) that makes the game's framerate dip. Glad I pirated that game. :lol: Fuck Rockstar.

Vsync causes input lag, so I don't use it. And honestly 60fps in TF2 looks stuttery to me since I overclocked my monitor to 1824x1026 77hz. That resolution is slightly lower than 1080p, but it's worth it for the better refresh rate.

Attila13 likes this.
  19. Attila13

Oct 11, 2010
    Romania
    Zalau,Romania
    I agree with the FPS discussion.
    While 60FPS and 120FPS is nice to have because of the smoothness, I'm totally fine with 30FPS as well. Even 25FPS is good enough.
    For me the most important thing is for the game to work and be playable and most importantly for it to be enjoyable. Anything after that like ultra realistic graphics and big FPS's are just a bonus! :)

GamerzHell9137 likes this.
  20. GamerzHell9137
    OP

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    15 FPS is a slide show, 30 isn't. Anything that's over 25 FPS is fine, anything lower is not. Ass textures and less graphical settings is bad too, like Koei Tecmo and OP Pirate Warriors 3. They added Low Med High texture settings but they are the same. Now that's pretty assy.

Margen67 and Attila13 like this.