Hacking Dragon's Crown (PCSE00019) - Can't Run on 3.60

calwy1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys,
I have gotten back into Vita in the last couple of weeks, and had some success with emulators, now just trying to figure some other stuff out.

I have the game card of Dragon's Crown, it's the PCSE00019 version (stamped at the bottom of the label). I know it did an update and I am running 3.60 with HENkaku installed and while it's spoofed to 3.70 I cannot get the game to run.

From research, I understand this is normal - what I have done is installed both PKGj and also installed reFOOD and it still won't work (comes up with C1-6703-6 error on trying to start).

I had installed the 'patch 01.09' and 'compatibility pack 01.09' and this brought up red text under diagnostic saying something about the base compatibility pack not being installed'. I deleted the patch from the rePatch folder as I thought I did not need it for reFOOD to work, I also deleted the PKGj database files, then refreshed this after rebooting. I now have no patches installed and it says under diagnostic 'This game will work thanks to reFood, install the compatibility pack for faster loading times' but guess what? It doesn't work!

I then re-installed the compatibility pack again to see if that would make a difference, and now the 'This game will work thanks to reFood' message is gone and the red 'You have installed an update compatibility pack without installing the base pack, install the base pack first and reinstall the update compatibility pack'!!!

I can't even find a base pack listed for bloody Dragon's Crown!

Can anyone help me out here???
Thanks,
Paul

calwy1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Never mind - I got it working. I don't really know why it works, but it does!

After all the above I wrote, I went back into Autoplugin and reinstalled the 'Repatch by dots-tb v3.0' plugin, then I tried to load the game again and it worked!

To test I then deleted the 'rePatch' folder and the PKGj database again, and sure the game would not work. When I updated PKGj again it again showed that the game would work thanks to reFood, and again it didn't! I then downloaded the patch in PKGj once again and the game worked straight away!

So, what is the point of reFood if I do need the patch installed? and why did it start working once I installed the Repatch plugin, even though I have not downloaded any base compatibility pack?

Any ideas???

jadehawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cant be of much help. but I can tell you that in my setup. Fresh 3.60+Enso installed on a FAT PSVita (Did this yesterday for the first time) i'm a total Noob
Installed all that was asked by the Vita.hacks guide (Including the NoNpDRM and reF00D) Grabed a copy of Dragon's Crown from the web and all I did was launch it and it plays without a problem. So reF00D and NoNpDRM are doing their job I think.

calwy1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where do you get the keys.bin from?

Not that it really matters, but I like to figure it out when something just starts to work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1