Dragon's Crown on 3.60 (C1-6703-6)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by BahamutAXIOM, Jun 30, 2019.

  1. BahamutAXIOM
    OP

    BahamutAXIOM Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    Jun 30, 2019
    United States
    I'm pretty new to Vita homebrew, but not overall, since I had homebrew on 3 separate PSPs. But it's DEFINITELY been a while.

    I've installed ReF00D and the keys.bin to the best of my ability, but I still keep getting the C1-6703-6 error, for Dragon's Crown? I find it odd that Odin's Sphere works just great, considering it's a later release. A few questions:

    1. Is there some kind of way to check if they (reF00D and any vpk for that matter that requires txt manipulation) were installed correctly?

    2. After changing "Spoofed Version", am I supposed to reboot so the change can take effect?

    3. What FW does Dragon's Crown require anyway? Is there a way to check myself?
     
  2. TesseractStorm

    TesseractStorm GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    4
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Dragon's Crown only requires firmware 2.12 so it shouldn't be an issue with ref00d...
     
  3. leontas2007

    leontas2007 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    3
    Jul 17, 2016
    Greece
    Your version is fine, test if any other game gives you the same error.

    1) be 100% sure that you have the nonpdrm plugin

    2) run the trophy app on your vita at least one time, you don't need to sync the trophies, just let it fully open for one time and then test if your game works.

    test these two things and post the results here if the problem persists.

    [EDIT] Also to be sure that all plugins are installed correctly like ref00d or repatch, install them with autoplugin, it does all the work for you.
    Autoplugin is a homebrew that lets you install most of the plugins you need, check out that too if you want.
     
    Last edited by leontas2007, Jun 30, 2019
    BahamutAXIOM likes this.
  4. Tom Bombadildo

    Tom Bombadildo ToMClassic

    pip Reviewer
    22
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    While the base game only requires 2.12, if he installed one of the later updates (1.08), it requires a firmware higher than 3.60, it's most likely a ref00d issue.

    @OP, Odin's Sphere's minimum firmware is 3.57, so it doesn't need ref00d to work on 3.60.

    Post a copy of your tai config.txt here, it's possible it's simply not configured right.
     
    BahamutAXIOM likes this.
  5. BahamutAXIOM
    OP

    BahamutAXIOM Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    Jun 30, 2019
    United States
    So I tried all 3 of your suggestions out, including Autoplugin, and after getting them installed successfully message from Autoplugin, I still receive the error and don't see any changes after installing any of the other plugins. I feel like I have to do something afterwards....?

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    I used Autoplugin, but don't see any changes like I stated above.

    I'm not sure how to copy that file to show to you. I don't see it on my computer when using VitaShell to copy it unless I compress it. And that file doesn't show the plugin list.
     
  6. leontas2007

    leontas2007 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    3
    Jul 17, 2016
    Greece
    this is strange. What version do you have? are you on 3.65 enso?

    is this happening only to dragon crown? or to all of your games?

    Try using repatch, this is another plugin, install it with autoplugin and then use pkgi to download the compability pack of dragon's crown.

    if all else fails, try to reset your taihen from h-encore and install with autoplugin nonpdrm, ref00d, and try to run it again
     
  7. Tom Bombadildo

    Tom Bombadildo ToMClassic

    pip Reviewer
    22
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Your tai config shouldn't be on ux0 (which is the memory card), so if there's a config.txt in ux0:/tai, delete it and make sure there's a properly configured config.txt in your ur0:/tai folder.

    This is because Taihen loads the config file from the memory card first, whereas it's now common practice to use the internal storage of the Vita (ur0) for plugins (because it can't be removed or corrupted if you remove the memory card). If you have a config.txt file on your ux0 partition, what's likely happening is that Autoplugin is installing the plugins to your ur0 config.txt, but it's not being loaded because you have a config.txt in ux0.
     
  8. BahamutAXIOM
    OP

    BahamutAXIOM Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    Jun 30, 2019
    United States
    OK, after deleting it in ux0, it works. That was it, thanks a lot! Also, I like your sig. It reminded me of my own character from my webcomic, NameLess Fools for a second, lol.

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    I'm actually on 3.60 Enso.

    Tom Bombadildo recommended me to delete the config.txt in ux0 and that was the problem! It was only happening with Dragon's Crown for some reason. ALL my other physical games and one single digital game worked. Thanks a lot for the help!
     
    Last edited by BahamutAXIOM, Jun 30, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted
Loading...