DragonMMC - TriNAND, TriSD, Solderless Internal Payload Injector / Kickstand

DragonMMC replaces the stock MicroSD and NAND boards, and adds a slide switch to choose between up to 3 MicroSD cards/NAND modules. This slide switch protrudes slightly from the original MicroSD card slot, while a replacement kickstand houses 3 MicroSD card slots. Installation does not require soldering, but will require some disassembly of your Switch. All required tools will be included. Removal of the heat shield is currently required. Addons for the DMMC are planned, including fully internal Bluetooth audio streaming, and you can easily make your own thanks to the expansion connector and solderless USB passthrough. (Note that the DMMC itself has no USB capabilities and only passes the USB lines to the expansion connector.)

DragonMMC is modular, with 3 NAND module slots available. An adapter module for the OEM NAND is included. Extra NAND modules of 64GB and 256GB will be available on the web store. The modules are snap-in and do not require soldering. An MCU handles NAND module and MicroSD card detection, as well as safe switching. The slide switch can be moved at any time to change the desired NAND module and MicroSD card. A restart or power cycle of the console will be required to enact the changes. If the selected MicroSD slot or NAND module is empty, DragonMMC will look for the next populated slot and enable it instead.

DragonMMC will be based on the ESP32-PICO microcontroller. More info to come soon!

Last edited by MatinatorX,

NitroCipher

GBAtemp's Resident Alchemist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused. Would this require you to autoRCM your switch? Or does it have some way around that?

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a bit confused. Would this require you to autoRCM your switch? Or does it have some way around that?
It's not required, no. RCM can be entered in a few ways, including removing the NAND chip or powering it down completely. With a programmed delay on boot before a NAND is enabled, RCM can be entered without changing the NAND itself at all.

D

Deleted User

Will you be selling a seperate heat shield to replace the stock one or is there plans to try to have everything fit without needing to remove the heat shield?

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
Will you be selling a seperate heat shield to replace the stock one or is there plans to try to have everything fit without needing to remove the heat shield?

I can't make any promises, but I am going to try to get custom heat shields made. I have no idea yet what the cost would be yet though - to get my own kickstand hinges made I think it ended up costing me around $500 for 1000, and a heat shield would be a lot more complex.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@mattytrog " I'm hoping to pursue some on-console solutions for NAND cloning/resizing/etc. but I'm not much of a software guy" sounds like your time to shine ;P

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog " I'm hoping to pursue some on-console solutions for NAND cloning/resizing/etc. but I'm not much of a software guy" sounds like your time to shine ;P

Why not?

Could add nand resizing features...

Let it parse a keys.txt file or something. Forget about it getting keys. Keys would need to be gotten by lockpick to avoid excess stack usage. Basically porting dd

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
Why not?

Could add nand resizing features...

Let it parse a keys.txt file or something. Forget about it getting keys. Keys would need to be gotten by lockpick to avoid excess stack usage. Basically porting dd

Good to see you again buddy. Out of curiosity, what modchips does SWITCHBOOT run on, and how many of them have I2C support?

Reactions: Adran_Marit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things