Hacking DragonMediaPlayer

killplaystation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeus@maxconsole said:
A new homebrew project has launched which is called DragonMediaPlayer - essentially it is a native Wii application (no need for Linux) which has the intent of being a multi source media player for Wii. It currently only supports a limited set of codecs, but with time this will of course grow! More at Wiibrew

QUOTESupported Formats

Currently, this list is very limited, as I have tried to set up the application framework before porting codecs.

* it
* mod
* s3m
* wav (8/16/24/32 mono/stereo)
* xm

8v8t8r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm looking forward to future releases of this app, especially when it supports video codecs and replace the current mfe
smile.gif

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to sort of threadjack but I was wondering how limiting is wiilinux? I've never done much anything major in the world of programming, but I'm tired of waiting and would like to help maybe. I figure wiimiidia is a fake, so...

if I could throw on even just xvid+mp3 and samba support onto wii linux and make some sort of decent front end for it, I'm sure most people would be more than content with it. I know I would
wink.gif

killplaystation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziddey said:
sorry to sort of threadjack but I was wondering how limiting is wiilinux? I've never done much anything major in the world of programming, but I'm tired of waiting and would like to help maybe. I figure wiimiidia is a fake, so...

if I could throw on even just xvid+mp3 and samba support onto wii linux and make some sort of decent front end for it, I'm sure most people would be more than content with it. I know I would
wink.gif
use xbox media center. tis awesome

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killplaystation said:
ziddey said:

wink.gif
use xbox media center. tis wesome
aye I did and fell in love. tis why i would love something like that for wii. bleh, just did some looking and wiilinux doesn't support much in terms of bt/wifi yet it would seem.

guess i'm a nub
tongue.gif

Gnac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess the lack of a theme.xml in my theme package didn't ring any alarm bells?

Well, that stupid mistake has been fixed. You can see a preview of the (updated!) theme here.

killplaystation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gnac said:
I guess the lack of a theme.xml in my theme package didn't ring any alarm bells?

Well, that stupid mistake has been fixed. You can see a preview of the (updated!) theme here.
when was the link updated? i downloaded it like 2 hours ago and the xml file is there

Gnac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Approximately three hours ago, but I'd recommend redownloading it anyway, as I made several improvements. The bar was raised after seeing on the Wiki page at Wiibrew what others had produced
biggrin.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn this program rocks!
Now it even has a flashing drivelight option! awesome.

killplaystation: the changelogs are in the /apps/dmp/doc folder.

.06 alpha is latest release as of this post.

0.06 Alpha
==========
Added ogg vorbis support!
Added utf-8 support (including japanese/chinese if you select a proper font).
Changed default font to Deja Vu (no licensing issues).
Fixed background image not moving with screen adjustment.
Fixed seek bar allowing seeking using (+) and (-) on unseekable file formats.

0.05 Alpha
==========
Improved scrolling on file list and dragging of seek bar.
Added seeking via (+) and (-) while hovering over seek bar.
Added cursor hotspot adjustment.
Added optional flashing drive light to music.
Added optional icons to file browser.
Fixed FFT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: