WIP DragonInjector - Game Cart Payload Injector (Trinket M0 Clone)

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by MatinatorX, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Gedi223

Gedi223 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2008
    United States

Please, just take my money already. I’ve got a day one switch that the kickstand is horrible on. I’ve tried replacement stands and even the nyko one. I’ll definitely will want at least two dragoninjectors and two kickstands when available.

Will the kickstand come in dild...uh, I mean, skin color

2. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

Apr 20, 2012
    United States
    yea this is a really solid idea! nice work! definitely want one!

3. SterneSchreien

SterneSchreien Naughty One

Jan 4, 2016
    Canada
    lo0
    *Looks at OP flag*

Aww yes.

Looking forward to release, definitely want a black one.

4. studio1b

studio1b GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    NEW YORK CITY
    are we ready yet for buying ?

5. MatinatorX
    OP

MatinatorX DragonInjector Project Creator

Jul 17, 2018
    Canada
    Still waiting for the new PCBs, I guess shipping is kind of a mess right now with the holidays.

Once the prototype works and I have some good feedback from testers, I'll start taking orders. Shouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks from now.

OrGoN3, hms, xIce101x and 1 other person like this.
  6. mmo

mmo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    United States
    patiently waiting .....

7. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Uh, I really like this idea. I'll definitely buy one of this

8. guaycuru

guaycuru Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2018
    Brazil
    The link to the discord is invalid (maybe expired), could you update it please?
    Awesome idea by the way, looking forward to buying it!

9. MatinatorX
    OP

Jul 17, 2018
    Canada
    That's weird, I just created a new one a few days ago due to the same issue being reported. They both had exactly 101 uses before dying, but I'd set the number of uses to unlimited...

Anyways, I created a new one and updated the OP and my sig. Hopefully it keeps working this time!

In other news, the DHL fairy finally visited today! :lol: Expect more news soon:

20181130_162730. 20181130_162745.

10. Triptamine

Triptamine Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    Australia
    Good to hear things are progressing smoothly! If only nintendo put this much effort into QA we would have better exfat drivers.

11. xenocard

xenocard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    i am sorry i skipped all the pages and have no clue on your updates
    have you made a site for pre-orders, support or Donation, Etc

id love to have 2 of these when you finally Produce it, thanks

12. Mouser X

Mouser X Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    Nope, he's still working on it. He encountered numerous issues during the development process, and has now redesigned the board to use a battery. He just received the parts (see above) to build and test the most recent iteration. Hopefully we'll hear more soon. His first 10 'beta testers' then need to receive their units, and report back. Then he'll open up the sales. Mouser X over and out.

uludag and lieder1987 like this.
  13. xenocard

xenocard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Thanks, i went to his Discord and read everything

i hope he manages to complete

14. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    I'm definitely hoping for a few of these :D

15. Manurocker95

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Any news about this?

danfozzy85 likes this.
  16. MatinatorX
    OP

Jul 17, 2018
    Canada
    Some news - no release yet unfortunately. In my testing today with the latest boards everything worked except the auto power-on. I had to move the transistor to the ground side of the power circuit to get it to work, which of course required ugly greenwires and the like. I seem to have forgotten transistors 101 and used the same source for the base and the collector. The PCB layout has already been fixed and the new revision was sent off about an hour ago for manufacturing. In the meantime, I'll be using the frankenjector I built today to get the firmware stuff out of the way. I'm also going to try and get the box art done for the case before the new boards arrive. The game-cart enclosure is already complete and works great. There are pictures in the Discord.

In other news, I've decided to make a part-picker and reheat oven my Christmas gifts to myself, which I'll be ordering this Thursday and will theoretically arrive a week after. With those, I should be able to get 100-200 DragonInjectors put together, tested and shipped per week. (But even if there was no DragonInjector I'd still buy them for my other projects!)

Believe me, I wish I was telling you all today that the prototype is complete and testers were going out. I have friends and coworkers asking me every day when they can buy one, and of course I want one for myself! Day job has kept me very busy as well which hasn't helped. In any case, my goal is to get this project out of development before the new year.

Last edited by MatinatorX, Dec 10, 2018
    OrGoN3, xIce101x and Andalitez like this.
  17. Manurocker95

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Don't worry! We are all hyped about this. How much will it cost (approx)? Will we be able to change the CFW easily by connecting to the PC or something? Nice work, btw :D

18. aytug25

aytug25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2016
    I got one noob question, will that effect out game card reader version, will it be updated ?

19. Mouser X

Mouser X Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    This injector fits inside your Switch's cart slot, but does not at all interact with it. For example, when buying blank, burnable CDs or DVDs, the stack comes with 1 or 2 clear discs (not a CD or DVD. Just a clear, round, plate/disc of plastic). If you put that clear disc into your drive, your PC will still register your drive as empty. Yes, the clear disc is the same size and shape as a CD/DVD (just as this injector is the same size and shape as a Switch cart), but it's not a CD/DVD (and this injector is not a Switch cart).

So, no. There is, currently, no possible way for this injector to effect/update/modify/damage your cartridge slot. Later revisions of this injector, down the road, might, one day, pull current/power from the cart slot, but that's a long way off, and a big if. The most recent versions of this injector don't even use the metal contacts of the cartridge/game pak at all. They're just there for asthetic purposes (in other words, the additional [and not connected] metal contact points are there just to make it look pretty). Mouser X over and out.

aytug25 and MatinatorX like this.
  20. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    What!? How DARE YOU have a life, and a day job!!!!!! Also, w000t!!! Merry Xmas to MatinatorX! Also, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lieder1987 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted