Hacking Dragonball Z - Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Wii USA HD Texture Pack

TigerTiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't you just dump the textures in Dolphin using the "dump textures" check box in graphics>advanced>utilities? If you edit the images from the Dump folder and copy the new ones to the load folder, it should be fine.

Guyfawx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can't you just dump the textures in Dolphin using the "dump textures" check box in graphics>advanced>utilities? If you edit the images from the Dump folder and copy the new ones to the load folder, it should be fine.
thats a good suggestion and i have been trying to rip the textures myself. however the problem im having is You have 161 characters, then x2 because of the damaged costume, x2 again for their second costumes, and then you have some that even have 3 or 4 costumes. Dumping all of their textures + all the menu textures + all the invoked characters for cutscenes, attacks, ki blasts, both environments destroyed and undestroyed, ui, interface, etc its allot of work for one person to do correctly. i need someone more experienced and confident with doing this or multiple people working together. do you know of anyone that would be willing to assist me?

TigerTiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think that anyone dumping the game, experienced dumper or not, would have to wade through a lot of images and pick out the ones needed. I don't know anyone specifically who can help, but I think the best way to attract people and get them onboard is just to keep trying- post updates and show that you are willing and capable of putting in the graphics work needed.

(We get a lot of people here saying "I need help" and then disappearing after two minutes, only YOU know if you're truly willing to commit to, as you said, a lot of work and a lengthy process. If you can PROVE that you are, you're more likely to get people willing to commit to the lengthy process of helping dump and organize it.)

Guyfawx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok ill do what i can, hopefully through hard work and effort that will inspire others to help me.
thank you for your advice.
Good news! i figured it out! and im working hard to make this HD texture pack for people to use, and it will be here sooner than you think. :)

Reactions: TigerTiger

Guyfawx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Attachments

• 1 Android 18 Stage front original.png
    1 Android 18 Stage front original.png
    2 MB · Views: 306
  • 2 Android 18 Stage front.png
    2 Android 18 Stage front.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 299
  • Love
Reactions: TigerTiger

Guyfawx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if anyone feels up to it i need you to play this vers Dragon Ball Z - Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Wii USA' RDSE70 (0001000052445345) play 'Duel' mode and dump the Stage textures during a match. im doing this as well i need the hashcodes each texture has. ill upscale those textures HD! more people helping = faster i get work done, Please Message me if you want to help! https://ibb.co/album/9GPMvp :)

Last edited by Guyfawx,

Guyfawx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if anyone feels up to it i need you to play this vers Dragon Ball Z - Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Wii USA' RDSE70 (0001000052445345) play 'Duel' mode and dump the Stage textures during a match. im doing this as well i need the hashcodes each texture has. ill upscale those textures HD! more people helping = faster i get work done, Please Message me if you want to help! https://ibb.co/album/SspPsY :)
Bad news i got into an argument with "what i thought was a freind" called Coolhardy Mathew juarbe and it started when i asked him for help i gave him access to google collab and a script yesterday. Mattoeki created the script he said i could share it with him. Mathew aka coolhardy said he would help me out and use it. then a day later he gives me a file 4.3gbyte i open it and its bad quality. i asked him did he use the files i gave him and he says he used cupscale instead. then i say i appreciate the help but i specifically asked to use Google collab and mattoekis script he argues his version is better and hes more knowledgable etc. i was very confused because i asked him to use a specific program and specific script. so then he rants and raves at me and is VERY rude. then i got angry and called him egotistical so waht does he do in retaliation? he takes our private conversation PUBLIC and humilates me on the very discord im learning on. so thats it im done! the projects canceled. i diddnt deserve to be treated like that and no one is defending me. all because he wanted to be the center of attention what a horrible person.

Guyfawx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh no, I'm sorry that happened :( It's always awful when there is drama on a project.
its just a shame this is how it turned out, if he had just done as i asked it would be ready by today! it was our Christmas day gift to the world, i worked so hard! for everyone tried soo hard! to get it done in time for Christmas day. and now i feel like i let everyone down and i just want to crawl under a rock and live there. :sad: its not fair everyone miss out because of one selfish person! i cant believe he would do that to me on Christmas day! i was the one whom invited him in the first place, some folk just mistake kindness for weakness. and i am a fool for trying to help them. :(

TigerTiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the ball's still in your court. If you still feel passionate about it and want to release it, you shouldn't let one bad egg ruin it all for you. Releasing it on a special day is a fun idea, but given that a lot of projects never make their initial expected release date (trust me, it's a curse), I don't think anyone will be upset if it comes out later.
But if it hurts too much, and you're too upset by what happened, I think you also have a right to look after yourself and say that you're putting it on hold for now, maybe forever. It would suck if the whole experience put you off doing something you were obviously enjoying, but you know, hobbies are supposed to be fun. If it's not fun, there's no shame in packing it in, and no one will think any less of you for it.

Guyfawx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think the ball's still in your court. If you still feel passionate about it and want to release it, you shouldn't let one bad egg ruin it all for you. Releasing it on a special day is a fun idea, but given that a lot of projects never make their initial expected release date (trust me, it's a curse), I don't think anyone will be upset if it comes out later.
But if it hurts too much, and you're too upset by what happened, I think you also have a right to look after yourself and say that you're putting it on hold for now, maybe forever. It would suck if the whole experience put you off doing something you were obviously enjoying, but you know, hobbies are supposed to be fun. If it's not fun, there's no shame in packing it in, and no one will think any less of you for it.
understood thankyou for your advice TigerTiger, ill take sometime away from this project and think things over.

Guyfawx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i made a decision im going to try apologizing to the person i had a disagreement with and try and make amends
with them i cannot deny if not for their help i would not have made it this far, i owe so many people my Gratitude.
their is an old saying "vengeance is a dish best served cold, but forgiveness is divine." so i will do the correct thing admit to my faults man up and apologize. i'll take the good with the bad and grow as a human being. wish me luck.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the project is uncanceled? That's cool.

I'd just like to suggest to possibly use the original Japanese music of Tenkaichi 3 (albeit that'd require a patch, I guess), and the international score of Tenkaichi 2 (this'd too be via a patch)? Unless all three scores could be included in the game, but separately by choosing the preferred soundtrack?

The international Tenkaichi 3 music (composed by a Japanese composer) was great and I'm nostalgic about it, but hearing the series music play while in the game is pretty dang awesome. In the West, we never really had it except those DLC music 30 second samples and on Kakarot (they used very little, but it was nice).

Guyfawx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So the project is uncanceled? That's cool.

I'd just like to suggest to possibly use the original Japanese music of Tenkaichi 3 (albeit that'd require a patch, I guess), and the international score of Tenkaichi 2 (this'd too be via a patch)? Unless all three scores could be included in the game, but separately by choosing the preferred soundtrack?

The international Tenkaichi 3 music (composed by a Japanese composer) was great and I'm nostalgic about it, but hearing the series music play while in the game is pretty dang awesome. In the West, we never really had it except those DLC music 30 second samples and on Kakarot (they used very little, but it was nice).

thankyou for your input ill certainly try my best and get this as an optional add on. if its within my power it will be done. : ) also check out these WIP Videos sorry i couldn't put on youtube. https://easyupload.io/m/ta6t3h

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s