Gaming Dragonball Z, Bleach or Naruto?

X D D X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey guys, i recently got a Wii and i was thinking of getting SSBB and another fighting game. I've narrowed it down to Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Bleach Versus Crusade, Naruto Clash of the Ninja Revolution 2 and Naruto Geikou Ninja Taisen ex 4 (Did i spell that right?). These are chosen since i'm a fan of anime and anime fighters. I love DBZ, I love Bleach but i don't really like Naruto. I would probably know the basic story though.

Ok, so in the games, i'm looking for Fun, Replay Value, Story, Graphics and all the usual stuff. Right now I have my Heart set on DBZ because i've Played it before i thought it was an amazing game and I love DBZ too. Are the others better than DBZ? Please help me decide.

Thanks in Advance.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DBZ for sure, I've heard it's just a very good fighter, that's only beaten by SSBB.
It has online fighting, over 150 characters, more than 10 types of AI balancing for your opponents and a so called New Dragon History that lets fans select their favorite battle scenes

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
DBZ for sure, I've heard it's just a very good fighter, that's only beaten by SSBB.
It has online fighting, over 150 characters, more than 10 types of AI balancing for your opponents and a so called New Dragon History that lets fans select their favorite battle scenes
I've never liked how they claim they have "Over 150 characters." I mean there are about seven or so Goku's alone. Transformations shouldn't count as a different character.

But DBZ: BT3 is still the better choice, followed by Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2. I'd pass on Bleach Versus Crusade to be honest, it's extremely shallow, the story mode will barely last even an hour, and the only thing keeping the fights going are the nonstop interference from your partners... I was really disappointed by it.
frown.gif

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all those games kind of suck, they are all very shallow and have poor fighting systems (button mashers for the most part and combo memorization are key). Those games are mostly geared towards fans of the franchises, so I'd just go with whatever series that you find most interesting, character and story wise. Personally, I prefer the DBZ series of anime, but the Naruto game appeals to me more.

X D D X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks a lot for your opinions guys. Anyone have experience with Naruto GNTEx4? Is it the same as CONR2 with more characters?

bzaigege

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i say dont' go for naruto or dbz. i had them both and it was a major let down. dbz's online battle lags like hell. its like every 2 seconds take one step. games battling online are more fun as you know u are fighting a real person with different strategies. naruto was never a big fan so didn't really get into the whole controls and combo system. it is fast paced but i don't know. seems kinda confusing using those ninja techniques and coming out from somewhere else. bleach versus crusade's storyline might b short beating it within 1-2 hours but thats just for unlocking. the really challenge comes online. online play is smooth most of the time and its always about strategy saving up/recharging your shunpo, attacks, and partner

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Instead of any of those, just import Tatsunoko vs Capcom or otherwise you could get the Guilty Gear... those are the best fighters apart from smash bros

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Walo, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom is great, but i can't do anything else but play the Single player, because i don't know how to read Japanese and i don't know what the other menus are about and how to access other things..

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we're talking American market so you got Naruto (2 of them), DBZ as you listed, and then there's Bleach. Ratings wise and people I've talked to say the Naruto one (the 2nd version) is notably the best when it comes down to core gameplay mechanics and fun. Obviously though that won't matter much if you're a fan of something else a lot more which could be DBZ seeing your picture there. I for one couldn't stand the DBZ game series on the last and this gen systems because I got a huge f'n grudge against a game that won't let me JUMP in a fighting game, nor did I like the button combos much.

I'm just aware that Naruto and Bleach have the best fighting offerings to pick from so unless you're just more twisted in favor of DBZ I'd start your search there.

X D D X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, i was planning on getting One of the One Piece games too. I was wondering which one of those is better or should i wait for Episode 2? Also do those games have a battle mode?

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
As I said before, don't dismiss the Guilty Gear game. It's a fast paced fighting games, good balance and great crew (you know Sol is badass). A must have game if you own a classic controller.
To the question at hand, I own Tenkaichi 3 and it's a solid game. huge cast of characters and fun combos to do. And if you are a fan of the anime you'll like the story. Personally I play it with the classic controller but all my friends go with the nunchuck combo.
But Guilty Gear is the better game for sure.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since this topic is going off on a side track. Can you sell me on that One Piece Ultimate Adv game then? The reviews discouraged me greatly because supposedly there is a ton of backtracking of the same areas killing like the same 4 kinds of targets, and not a good sense of direction to do so. Outside of that it seems like some great hillside adventure though with some good character specific combat.

X D D X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the Help guys, i've decided to go with DBZ: Bodokai Tenkaichi 3 since i'm a big DBZ fan and people say it's a good game.

Also if possible, like Vampire Hunter said can someone explain more about the One Piece games? I'm mostly concerned about a battle mode it them, i read somewhere that Unlimited Adventure had one.

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
X D D X said:
Thanks for the Help guys, i've decided to go with DBZ: Bodokai Tenkaichi 3 since i'm a big DBZ fan and people say it's a good game.

I have TB3 and I find it be a pretty fun game, but I've always hear that BT2 is much better than it. Does anyone know why? The story mode in TB3 seems to be a little rushed, but still, from what I've seen, it looks better overall than BT2 :S

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you want a good Naruto game, get Naruto GNT4 for Game Cube, it's the best on the series.

Also, DBZBT3 > All DBZ games to date.

If you want Bleach, wait for the second one for Wii, it will rox!

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Get all three
tongue.gif

But if you just have one choice then i recommend you to get DBZ BT3!!
It's really one of the best games ever on the wii including wifi it's a dream!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...