Dragonball Kai Ultimate Butouden trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new trailer of the DS fighter Dragonball Kai Ultimate Butouden has been released. It has extensive gameplay footage and shows a diverse cast of characters from the anime. [/p]

This fighter is based off the anime Dragonball Kai. The anime itself is a remastered version of the extremely popular Dragonball Z. The game showcases some impressive cel shaded 3D visuals for DS standards. Environments and characters are fully modeled and seem to animate in a very fluid way, capturing the feel of the anime and its intense battles. Some special moves are used via touch screen buttons (unknown whether you can alternately use the regular face buttons).

Judging from the video, a large roster of playable characters is available. The gameplay seems to be taking elements from the Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi series of games. Lots of fast paced over the top combos and energy blasts to be found. There also seems to be a bit of character customization in terms of appearance. You can spot a costume change mode if you look closely.

Dragonball Kai Ultimate Butouden will be arriving in Japan on the Nintendo DS on February 3rd, 2011. No word on a US date, but if a localization happens, it will likely share the name of the anime's US name- Dragonball Z Kai. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that looks quite nice.

Though i really hope there will be alternate controlls without the TS.
God, you'd think people creating an Action Beat em Up would be able to realize that tapping that screen really sucks

sendyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wicked! This looks way better than all the other super sonic warriors! Definitely getting this when it comes out. It's too awesome. ^^

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Too much awesomeness for me. I'm a big fan of the DBZ fighting games, so I hope this one won't dissapoint me.

bejiman

Trophies
XP
Country
*drools*

Thanks for sharing. I hope there's an option to play without using the touch screen, or else it fails.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I haven't played a DBZ Fighting game since Budokai Tenkaichi 1/2, so I'll give this a whirl.

It also looks really nice. I hope it has a good Story Mode.

DarkraiHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan

zar713

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they really should've waited for the 3ds so they could make a better engine i kno its wrong for me to say but this..... im not looking forward too but plants vs zombies i am!!!! by the way regardless of the dissapointing news... Keep it up GBATEMP News People !!!!
yaynds.gif

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Seems epic enough. Finally a good fighter for the Nintendo DS. Hopefully DSPhat won't lag while playing. Because if there was ever a game to lag the oldest DS, I think it would be this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b