Dragonball Kai Saiyan Invasion DS trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember the new Dragonball Z turn based RPG announced a few months ago? It was then titled DBZ Story. Well, now it has a new title, a formal story confirmation, and a release date all courtesy of the new gameplay trailer. We know now that the game encompasses the entire Saiyan Saga at lease now.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=12760

The trailer lists that the game will be released on 4-29-09 in Japan. Hope it gets a localization.

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Man this game looks amazing i love 2-D RPG's
yaynds.gif

just hope they will release 2 version of the game if it came in english one is dubbed and the other is un-dubbed which probably won't happen

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
cupajoe said:
I've probably played through Dragon Ball Z's storyline more times than actually watching it. Why not put an original storyline?
Because there is probably no point seeing the DBZ Show/manga has come and gone and his having it's 2nd remake so theres really no place it could fit in unless it's at the end of the series.

DaRealChrono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank God...if video games are the only way to keep Dragon Ball alive, then I'm all for it. I'll never tire of the Dragon Ball story...

I'm super excited, especially since it's been too long since there was a true RPG, if ever a real traditional RPG (Legend of the SSJ, on SNES), for the DB fans out there.

I can't wait...it damn sure better get localized, I don't wanna have to learn how to translate DS games...

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty cool to see the game is dragging elements from the original Dragonball. I recognize some classic DB characters in that trailer. I'm gonna try and play this one even if I can't read it.
smile.gif

And also, off topic but I have to say it. All the people that have to play games undubbed and never in English... I swear with some things I guess I understand but how can you honestly prefer the Japanese voices of Dragonball? Goku grown up still has his little girl voice. Who cares if it's "accurate" if it's just murder on the ears.

-GJ-

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gaisuto said:
It's pretty cool to see the game is dragging elements from the original Dragonball. I recognize some classic DB characters in that trailer. I'm gonna try and play this one even if I can't read it.
smile.gif

And also, off topic but I have to say it. All the people that have to play games undubbed and never in English... I swear with some things I guess I understand but how can you honestly prefer the Japanese voices of Dragonball? Goku grown up still has his little girl voice. Who cares if it's "accurate" if it's just murder on the ears.

Goku is a little kid trapped in an adult's body.
They didn't mention this in the American dub (I think), but it's part of the story of the Japanese version.
I totally prefer the Japanese one over the American dub, because the voices are a lot better and I love the typical anime music, instead of the sucky rock music FunImation made.

Just my opinion...

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-GJ- said:
Goku is a little kid trapped in an adult's body.
They didn't mention this in the American dub (I think), but it's part of the story of the Japanese version.
What? No he's not. He just has the personality of one, doesn't mean he actually is one. Japan just has the habit of never replacing character's voice actors no matter what, going as far as writing characters out of shows if something happens to the voice, thus why he keeps the deaf-inducing child voice the entire series.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soldialga said:
this is for dsi only?
No it's for regular DS. Besides downloadable games, no DSi exclusives have been announced yet.

And regarding the dub, I'm probably the ONLY DBZ watcher who actually LIKED the Funimation dub. Yes it's weird. I loved all the character voices. And I especially liked Goku's adult voice. Far better imo than listening to the screech of the Japanese voice.

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
And regarding the dub, I'm probably the ONLY DBZ watcher who actually LIKED the Funimation dub. Yes it's weird. I loved all the character voices. And I especially liked Goku's adult voice. Far better imo than listening to the screech of the Japanese voice.

actually i have to agree with granville about the voices having just re-watched all three series DB, DBZ and DB:GT i also prefer the funimation dub (Starting in on the movies and specials as soon as i finish converting them for psp)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse