Dragonball Kai Saiyan Invasion DS trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Mar 23, 2009.

Mar 23, 2009
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Remember the new Dragonball Z turn based RPG announced a few months ago? It was then titled DBZ Story. Well, now it has a new title, a formal story confirmation, and a release date all courtesy of the new gameplay trailer. We know now that the game encompasses the entire Saiyan Saga at lease now.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=12760

The trailer lists that the game will be released on 4-29-09 in Japan. Hope it gets a localization.

2. engruzii

Member engruzii GBAtemp Regular

Saudi Arabia
    Man this game looks amazing i love 2-D RPG's [​IMG]

just hope they will release 2 version of the game if it came in english one is dubbed and the other is un-dubbed which probably won't happen

3. granville
    OP

United States
    I doubt it will matter whether it is dubbed or not. We can always unpack the roms and undub them by replacing the sound files.

4. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    This is great that the name change is Confirmed. The trailer looks good, The attacks look really nice.

5. cupajoe

Member cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    I've probably played through Dragon Ball Z's storyline more times than actually watching it. Why not put an original storyline?

6. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Because there is probably no point seeing the DBZ Show/manga has come and gone and his having it's 2nd remake so theres really no place it could fit in unless it's at the end of the series.

7. DaRealChrono

Newcomer DaRealChrono Advanced Member

United States
    Thank God...if video games are the only way to keep Dragon Ball alive, then I'm all for it. I'll never tire of the Dragon Ball story...

I'm super excited, especially since it's been too long since there was a true RPG, if ever a real traditional RPG (Legend of the SSJ, on SNES), for the DB fans out there.

I can't wait...it damn sure better get localized, I don't wanna have to learn how to translate DS games...

8. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    It's pretty cool to see the game is dragging elements from the original Dragonball. I recognize some classic DB characters in that trailer. I'm gonna try and play this one even if I can't read it. [​IMG]

And also, off topic but I have to say it. All the people that have to play games undubbed and never in English... I swear with some things I guess I understand but how can you honestly prefer the Japanese voices of Dragonball? Goku grown up still has his little girl voice. Who cares if it's "accurate" if it's just murder on the ears.

9. soldialga

Newcomer soldialga Advanced Member

United States
    this is for dsi only?

10. -GJ-

Member -GJ- GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Goku is a little kid trapped in an adult's body.
    They didn't mention this in the American dub (I think), but it's part of the story of the Japanese version.
    I totally prefer the Japanese one over the American dub, because the voices are a lot better and I love the typical anime music, instead of the sucky rock music FunImation made.

Just my opinion...

11. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    What? No he's not. He just has the personality of one, doesn't mean he actually is one. Japan just has the habit of never replacing character's voice actors no matter what, going as far as writing characters out of shows if something happens to the voice, thus why he keeps the deaf-inducing child voice the entire series.

12. granville
    OP

United States
    No it's for regular DS. Besides downloadable games, no DSi exclusives have been announced yet.

And regarding the dub, I'm probably the ONLY DBZ watcher who actually LIKED the Funimation dub. Yes it's weird. I loved all the character voices. And I especially liked Goku's adult voice. Far better imo than listening to the screech of the Japanese voice.

13. valyr

Member valyr GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    actually i have to agree with granville about the voices having just re-watched all three series DB, DBZ and DB:GT i also prefer the funimation dub (Starting in on the movies and specials as soon as i finish converting them for psp)