Dragon Quest XI S will have a demo available before release, save progress will carry over

PfG5TuR.png

Some Dragon Quest goodness has already arrived on the Nintendo Switch, with the launch of the Hero DLC for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. If that's not enough, though, then you'll soon be able to play some of Dragon Quest XI S, prior to the game's release. During Japan's Dragon Quest Summer Festival, Square Enix revealed that Dragon Quest XI S would be getting a demo on the Switch eShop, with players receiving a special item, a "skill seed" if they transferred their demo save data to the full game. There's no word on when the demo launches, but it'll be before the game officially releases, on September 27th.

:arrow: Source

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope whoever first thought of making meaningful demos with transferrable saves is super rich now, this is probably my favorite marketing tactic

Everyone wins - game gets exposure, players get to decide if the game is worth our money, and most of the time you get a small reward for trying the game out early

It's smart because it gets you to invest in the game before you buy it - because if you never pick up the full game it feels like you're wasting the special item you got / progress you made

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
This whole save progress thing is pretty neat. Gives me an idea where a free prologue to a game could be released for everyone to have a good taste of a game with enough story to convince a purchase, probably has already been done though.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This whole save progress thing is pretty neat. Gives me an idea where a free prologue to a game could be released for everyone to have a good taste of a game with enough story to convince a purchase, probably has already been done though.
Is that not what this is?

Reactions: tabzer

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Oh that would be really cool. It would make some people mad though

Not if it's free and easily accessible right?
Just imagine those games with the amazing prologues, separated into a free very short game to get a taste of what the game offers in story/gameplay, released before the game to act like some sort of cliffhanger.

71r3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This mesage makes me truly realize how old i am when this is worth a news.
Caryover and a Demo was a Standard back then. :/

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Caryover and a Demo was a Standard back then. :/
I don't remember "caryovers" ever being a thing - quite the opposite, demos often included their own levels to showcase the game. Maybe you're talking about 90/2000s shareware, but that's its own thing, really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things