Dragon Quest X to Receive 10 Years of Support

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
With every MMO, we worry about the amount of content, and how long the game will see support and new content for. Square Enix seems to have big ideas in mind with the release of Dragon Quest X in Japan, according to this article.

"Nikkei (via Inside Gamer) reports that the game will get major version up revisions every ten weeks. Square Enix plans on offering download content for the game for around ten years, according to the paper."

"As for what that download content includes, the paper does not get into specifics. It's currently known that the game will get a series of story quests."

It looks like SE has high expectations for their latest entry into the Dragon Quest series. Although we're still waiting for what seems like an inevitable localization announcement, it should be nice to know that if we do see the game over here, anybody who purchases this game will be seeing new content for a long time to come. Realistically, I don't expect them to actually support the game every 10 weeks for a decade. I wouldn't be surprised if they could manage to keep it up without everything becoming horribly repetitive for a year or two, at least. 10 years just feels overly optimistic.

Source

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God i hope the U.S gets this. For some reason, i find it much easier to get into console MMO's than PC ones, and so far the only 2 good ones we have are FFXI (Which i joined too late) and Phantasy Star Universe.

If we get this and FFXIV for PS3 (Sometime in the next decade), i will be so happy

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guarantee the kill it within 5 years. I can't see a game that is at this point a Wii exclusive, unless they also port it and upgrade the shite out of it for the Wii U, as lasting 10 years. I can't see people even owning Wii consoles in 2022, or the Wii U for that matter.

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guarantee the kill it within 5 years. I can't see a game that is at this point a Wii exclusive, unless they also port it and upgrade the shite out of it for the Wii U, as lasting 10 years. I can't see people even owning Wii consoles in 2022, or the Wii U for that matter.
People still play FFXI on PS2's. Came out in 2002, and they just announced a new expansion. It's Japan, it's Dragon Quest.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Because a subscription-based console MMO sounds very promising.

But most MMOs are getting support, this is kinda a no-brainer.
Most MMO's aren't promised a 10 year life of support with frequent,"major" updates. They've essentially promised a new expansion every 10 weeks, which, last I knew, wasn't a common occurrence. Or did you already guess those exact details? If so, good for you, but for those of us lacking a crystal ball, this isn't a "no-brainer."

D

Deleted_171835

It's coming to the Wii U. Wii version might eventually be killed off with players being told to continue on the Wii U.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't see this holding the interest of ppl outside of Japan for 10 straight years. I've never had interest in any mmo ever, but I wish them luck. That is a very ambitious promise. As for me, ill just wait for the next offline DQ game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)