Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King 3DS port releases January 20th

DQ8-3DS-Shot-01.jpg

The 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII will be hitting stores on January 20, 2017, as revealed by a Nintendo Press Release. New features include two extra recruitable characters, more side quests, a alternative ending, speeding up battles, and quick-saving. The game will also retain voice acting from the original PS2 release.

As players dive into the rich story of DRAGON QUEST VIII: Journey of the Cursed King, whether they’re visiting for the first time or coming back to relive the adventure all over again, they can enjoy full voice acting in all plot-important cutscenes, and new story content that will provide more back story about The Hero and the villainous Dhoulmagus. Further additions include additional quests to complete and dungeons to explore, and even a new alternative ending.

Returning heroes may also find that elements of DRAGON QUEST VIII: Journey of the Cursed King have been streamlined for this hand-held outing. The new Quick-Save function allows players to save and exit the game at any time. And for warriors in a hurry, battling foes is also much faster with the introduction of the “Speed Up” feature, allowing heroes to cut their way through each encounter with much greater haste.

Those who wish to capture mementos of their quest to restore peace to the land will now find it’s easier than ever before, as at any time outside of battles and cutscenes players can pause the action and take a photo of their adventure thus far. These photos can be customized in a variety of different ways, including allowing The Hero and his companions to perform special poses, adding stickers and filters, or putting a frame around the image to add a personal touch to their memory. Once the player meets Cameron Obscura in Port Prospect they’ll also be able to unlock Cameron’s Codex, where they’ll be rewarded for taking pictures of certain subjects, monsters and situations.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Have to weigh the extra content and non random encounters vs inferior sound/music and graphics.

I started the PS2 ver last year but lost my save. Should I play this version or go back the PS2 version, what's really worth it? The music seemed a big component because of how long I spend roaming the fields and fighting monsters.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can still run amok against the enemies seen in the map, so it puts the decision in your hands.
You love random encounters? Then you can just run randomly into enemies by choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs