• Replies 35
  • Likes 3

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a 3DS remake of three or four, don't remember which it was I loved on the gameboy advance, pretty sure it was three.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fucking with I had a 3DS now. I love DQVII, my favorite of all the games so far. I easily had a save at 100+ hours, and I still to this day haven't finished the game... I want to, one day.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
DQ VII is actually the most successful one in Japan.
I hear it is infamously long but I expect they will address the major grinding issues the game had.

Definitely looking forward to this one, no mistake.

reminds me of ff12.

where there's dq there must be ds. I never found a dq game to be boring so this is always welcome.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one love the Dragon Quest series and I really want them to port DQ8 to the 3DS so....
I'm gonna buy this.... I'm gonna buy this like it's pharmaceutical grade cocaine and I'm an hard core coke addict!

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
9 was fully multiplayer. There was almost none of the game that couldn't be played in multiplayer.

Regardless, it's still a single player game first, just because you can play with friends doesn't change the core of the game. I finished the main story by myself, though I never completed the post game of finding all the treasure maps and dungeons.

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And 9 was only a tag system anyway, it wasn't multiplayer at all. I played the entire game and yes, it's a freaking RPG, there does not need to be any online components at all.
I put a lot of hours into IX, I enjoyed it a lot. And yes it did have multi-player. It wasn't necessary by any means to play in multi-player, but I did connect with one of my friends and play some co-op. In addition I also gave him one of my maps that had a level where every enemy encounter included liquid metal slimes. So yes it had a tag mode, but it also had multi-player, and while I believe it was local multi-player only, it was quite fun. I helped my friend progress in his game and level quicker after I had already beaten it. I also like how it tried to continue to be interesting even after beating the main story by providing randomly created maps.

I think this was a great way to go with a portable system. You're not always going to be around wifi to play a some sort of online only multi-player game, but having a single player game with an optional multi-player feature is nice. I do hope the next one lets you play with friends via wi-fi though. I also did not like the fact that it did not have multiple saves, and hope the next DQ game fixes that.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless, it's still a single player game first, just because you can play with friends doesn't change the core of the game. I finished the main story by myself, though I never completed the post game of finding all the treasure maps and dungeons.
I would have stopped two or three hundred hours earlier if it weren't for multiplayer.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I put a lot of hours into IX, I enjoyed it a lot. And yes it did have multi-player. It wasn't necessary by any means to play in multi-player, but I did connect with one of my friends and play some co-op. In addition I also gave him one of my maps that had a level where every enemy encounter included liquid metal slimes. So yes it had a tag mode, but it also had multi-player, and while I believe it was local multi-player only, it was quite fun. I helped my friend progress in his game and level quicker after I had already beaten it. I also like how it tried to continue to be interesting even after beating the main story by providing randomly created maps.

I think this was a great way to go with a portable system. You're not always going to be around wifi to play a some sort of online only multi-player game, but having a single player game with an optional multi-player feature is nice. I do hope the next one lets you play with friends via wi-fi though. I also did not like the fact that it did not have multiple saves, and hope the next DQ game fixes that.

Considering 10 is going to be for the Wii and Wii U, any hopes of offline play are now dashed with my post. I honestly don't like the whole notion of taking a traditional RPG and turning it into effectively the same type of thing Square Enix has done to Final Fantasy with an MMO. And Final Fantasy as an MMO has been a colossal failure in comparison to other games like Guild Wars, WoW and Star Wars: The Old Republic just due to the sheer number of bugs and poor design decisions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all