ROM Hack Dragon Quest VII Money Edit

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to find the offsets but the gold value may not be written directly into the save files as I can't find them in there. Compared two files with different gold amount and couldn't find something.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty sure I found the offset for money.

it's 528. At least that one holds the correct hex value for my amount of money, in two savegames with different amounts of money. But when I try to edit that offset, I get a corrupt savegame error. Not really sure why.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pretty sure I found the offset for money.

it's 528. At least that one holds the correct hex value for my amount of money, in two savegames with different amounts of money. But when I try to edit that offset, I get a corrupt savegame error. Not really sure why.
Damn, that really sucks. Sounds like some checksum error. :(

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There are numerous differences between those two and even if I found a checksum section, I wouldn't know what to do to make it work.

If you find the right checksum just replace it to 0F423F and save. Max money

I through the right offset was 45C (ctrl +G to find it on HxD) but i got a corrupted save file. I dont know if i have to delete the secure value to make it work or it is because it is not the right offset..

Last edited by QCLasky,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And I think the right offset is 528, but I'm on Eur version, maybe that's a difference. I don't know. If it corrupts, it's no good either

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Offset 528 on normal save or quicksave? Ill try to edit it and remove the secure value
On both. It had the correct Hex values for my amount of money (with the blocks inverted, as usual).

I had 67 gold on the quicksave, which is hex 43, which was on Offset 528.
And I had 327 gold on Slot 1, which is hex 01 47, and Offset 528-529 was 47 01.

So that fits.

That's why I am pretty sure it's offset 528. But maybe, just maybe, it's different for US and EUR. On 45C I have several blocks of stuff that doesn't seem to fit to my amount of money.

I Pm'd you a link to my savegame with 327 gold. You can have a look if you want.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same for me on the EUR, I Found ffset 528 with checking between 2 save files, but I got a corrupt save

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ad I can't try Gateway ram cheat, beccause I updated to 11. and the Game Menu doesn't work xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ad I can't try Gateway ram cheat, beccause I updated to 11. and the Game Menu doesn't work xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it