Dragon Quest VI coming to America on Valentine's Day!

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
SQtHY.png
QUOTE said:
NINTENDO ANNOUNCES NORTH AMERICAN DEBUT OF DRAGON QUEST VI: REALMS OF REVELATION

Enhanced Version of Classic Role-Playing Game Launches for Nintendo DS Systems on Feb. 14

REDMOND, Wash., Dec. 20, 2010 - Nintendo of America today gave video game fans across North America something sweet to look forward to on Valentine's Day, and it has nothing to do with flowers or chocolates. On Feb. 14, DRAGON QUEST® VI: Realms of RevelationTM - previously unavailable outside of Japan - will make its North American debut exclusively on the hand-held Nintendo DSTM family of systems. Combining classic role-playing adventure with new character options and enhancements, the game offers hours of imaginative DRAGON QUEST fun spanning several unique game worlds that can be enjoyed on the go.

DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation features a rich storyline that leads players through a multitude of captivating worlds as they gather allies and battle fierce monsters on a quest to defeat evil forces. With updated graphics and more than 15 character classes to choose from, new and experienced players alike can dive headlong into the timeless role-playing excitement of the DRAGON QUEST franchise anytime, anywhere. They can even enjoy special features such as switching between character classes and letting monsters, such as Slimes, join their party.

"Millions of players around the world have discovered the timeless fun of DRAGON QUEST," said Marc Franklin, Nintendo of America's director of Public Relations. "The arrival of DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation in North America will give fans unique access to a classic game in the series for the first time, offering new ways to explore and enjoy the DRAGON QUEST universe."

Originally released in 1995 for Japan's Super Famicom system (known in the U.S. as Super NESTM), DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation challenges players to explore multiple worlds as they confront the many problems caused by the evil Murdaw. Players can choose from nine starting classes and unlock others as they progress through the game.

For more information about DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation, visit http://dragonquest6.nintendo.com.

About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its WiiTM home console and Nintendo DSTM family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment SystemTM, Nintendo has sold more than 3.5 billion video games and more than 577 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSiTM and Nintendo DSi XLTM, as well as the Game BoyTM, Game Boy Advance, Super NESTM, Nintendo 64TM and Nintendo GameCubeTM systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as MarioTM, Donkey KongTM, MetroidTM, ZeldaTM and PokémonTM. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.

DRAGON QUEST and SQUARE ENIX are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.. REALMS OF REVELATION is a trademark or registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd.
icon11.gif
Source
Pictured is the old logo SE had back when they announced they'd localize all three DQ DS remakes, when the official site actually opens I'll grab the new logo with the new name
tongue.gif

Updated!
The official site has a video and screenshots, as well as the boxart.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So finally with this, every main game in the entire series will have officially been released in English. 6 was previously the only numbered DQ game to not have an official localization (fan translations were the only way to play it). Nice!

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
JackDeeEss said:
and here I was thinking it'd look like DQIX
it's going backwards

Why would it look like 9? 6 is a remake of a snes game, and it's gonna use the same, (although the trailer shows a slightly enhanced engine), engine as the last 2 remakes. If you were expecting phenomenal NDS graphics on a REMAKE, you've got your expectations too high.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice has put a LOT of backing in Dragon Quest IX, in fact they have Jedward promoting on TV in the UK.
Meanwhile Golden Sun has been launched but doesn't get this sort of treatment, weird huh?

I've heard Dragon Quest IX was a bit weak though, and it was my first, I may be interested to try DQVI.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This made my day. I'm actually incredibly excited right now. Been waiting for this forever, and thought they just decided to not localize DQVI again.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
was dq6 better than 9 prev (story wise and gameplay wise)? i dont think dq9 can be beaten except by someone who already has had many fans ie golden sun
I personally enjoyed DQIV, V, and the original version of VI more than IX. It has good graphics, but every other element of the game is sub-par to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a