Dragon Quest V hits NA stores Feb. '09!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Nov 11, 2008.

1. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

"Finished Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen yet? Better get working on it. Chrono Trigger comes out in November and shortly afterwards Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride. Classic RPG fans can look forward to an English release on February 17, 2009.

The story in Dragon Quest V: Hand in the Heavenly Bride begins with the hero as a child journeying with his father appropriately named Papas. Things seem like they’re going well for the hero until fate turns and the young hero becomes a slave. Dragon Quest V then fast forwards to the future where the hero is an adult, strong enough to escape, and ready to marry. One of the highlights in Dragon Quest V is you get to pick a bride. The DS version ups the ante by adding Deborah, a new bride, to tickle your fancy. But, since this is the first time Dragon Quest V is getting an official release in North America all of the game is new for most of us."

Source

2. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Orlando, Florida
    Great news! Thanks for the heads-up War! [​IMG]

Been loving DQ4DS (it's my first time with it as I never played the NES version) and the Japanese DQ5. Can't wait to get the US version so I'll know what's going on. I tinkered with the translated SNES version, but this DS version outdoes it in my opinion! [​IMG]

And I hope we'll get a peek at Dragon Quest 6 soon! It's nice to finally be respected by Square Enix and make them realize that people other than the Japanese appreciate the DQ series.

3. CockroachMan

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    Damn you War! I was just going to post about this and Valkyrie Profile [​IMG]

Well, great news.. now I have to finish DQIV! [​IMG]