Gaming Dragon Quest V Bypass Help (Not a Boat Question)

phishness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I've done just about everything I can to bypass the security for DQV. I've downloaded both the (E) and the (U) version, applied the cheats for both of them, still didn't get anywhere. I've used a SUPPOSEDLY "pre-patched" version. Didn't work. I've tried patching it myself. Several times. Didn't work.

Usually it doesn't give me the error "Please reinsert" but will instead just show a blank screen with no sound and no movement.

Any help?

Akiyo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats just a problematic room. Grab a clean one from *cough, i almost forgot no mentioning on roms sites* ...just google *site removed*. Then apply the cheats - i'll drop by if it still doesnt works.

phishness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akiyo said:
Thats just a problematic room. Grab a clean one from *cough, i almost forgot no mentioning on roms sites* ...just google *removed*. Then apply the cheats - i'll drop by if it still doesnt works.

Would you recommend downloading the European version or the American Version?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
You clearly stated that you know not to mention rom sites, and then tHREE words later you blantantly state the name of one to google.

I've removed it, but use your common sense next time
wink.gif

Akiyo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damn, not even subtlely works huh? >=D

Anyway, i dont think its a arm7 prob, because arm7 usually gives the -turns off your ds- error.

phishness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done an ARM7 patch, and I've also done the codes. Neither worked. It sometimes tells me the Please turn off your DS error, but usually just a blank/black screen.

phishness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

I've just obtained a new rom from that one place *cough* and used the codes from cheats.gbatemp and received the blank screen again.

phishness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
which r4 do you have?
the actual r4 or clone?
try r4li.com download the firmware 1.22 and see whether it helps or not

otherwise ysmenu

I have only recently learned that I have a clone.

I bought it from itechextreme.com and am currently trying to receive a refund. (I believe it's R4i)

I have tried updating it with Clone firmware, and I've tried YSMenu.

Although I can't be sure I did either of those things correctly I was met with the failure of the blank screen again. (Third ROM I've tried.)

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
it is r4i?
then i am not sure how can i help you because there are tons of r4i out there
is it r4i-sdhc which is giving you problem? thats the flash cart i heard which give people lots of various problem

take my advise, go get a new flash cart such as ak2i (which doesn't cost you alot)
just imagine how much you would have to spend.....

phishness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
it is r4i?
then i am not sure how can i help you because there are tons of r4i out there
is it r4i-sdhc which is giving you problem? thats the flash cart i heard which give people lots of various problem

take my advise, go get a new flash cart such as ak2i (which doesn't cost you alot)
just imagine how much you would have to spend.....

Well, I've actually been thinking of buying a CycloDs, or whatever, since I've heard it's firmware automatically patches games?

phishness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info!

Oh, and I am almost certain the my playing problem is due to a fake R4DS as I have tried EVERY possible method of playing this game. (I'm a very die hard Dragon Quest fan)

As a note for the future: NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy from itechextreme aka NDSDEAL.

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this same probelm they have security so that it freezes on the boat. It is best to search google for the already patched E version such as I did. I tihnk that it just freezes for certain carts instead of even letting you on the boat.

phishness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gettogaara said:
I had this same probelm they have security so that it freezes on the boat. It is best to search google for the already patched E version such as I did. I tihnk that it just freezes for certain carts instead of even letting you on the boat.

Unfortuneatly that's not my problem. I don't even make it to the boat. Heck, I don't even make it to the main menu.

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Unfortuneatly that's not my problem. I don't even make it to the boat. Heck, I don't even make it to the main menu.
Well then I suggest that u get a new r4 from the official site considering there are alot of fake ones going around. Srry I can't be of more help considering I had a similar problem and i also have an r4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple