Gaming Dragon Quest V, anti-piracy

kennypu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im new to the forums, but not really new with emulation,etc. anyways, I'm a big fan of dragon quest series, and I obviously downloaded DQ5 soon as the rom was available. now in the prologue, after a scene in the castle, you are in a ship. To get to shore you're suppose to talk to every one on the ship(i know because i've played the SNES version). But wait, I talk to every 1, wait for an hour and nothing? weird. So I do a little research on some japanese sites, and apparently Nintendo has put an anti-piracy on the roms, which you just sit there sailing all day. I did a little more research and found that people has released cheat codes to get pass the anti-piracy. here it is for who ever has the same problem, and wish to play the game ^^. enjoy!!
note: sorry if some1 has released already, please close the thread:

Game ID?YV5J 030CD896
Cheat code?2209AC50 000000CC

note #2: I only tested this on the R4, so I am not sure if it will work for others, but I am sure it will.

Ken

ps: If any1 is interested in making a translation patch for the game, let me know i'll be interested in translating.
credits go to this site: here(japanese site)

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
If it is Copy Protection/Anti-Piracy method, and not a bug, it's pretty lame.

It would have been much better if it were a picture of two Slimes (maybe a King Slime) with the text "Thanks for Playing!".

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:

It would have been much better if it were a picture of two Slimes (maybe a King Slime) with the text "Thanks for Playing!".

just like Ring of Fates Moogle Screen of Death, what would this one be called then?

kennypu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

i think its was quite funny, I had to sit there for about 1 hour to notice something was wrong. lol. call it:
infinite sailing of doom (i suck at naming) xD.
according to the site i got it from, they said it was put in there purposely, not a bug.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
i used narins cheat to bypass security.. i play it. In the cave, the guy keeps reappearing after u save him. then today i saved at the church and the game froze. i reset game, load my game up but its lost my save game and im back at the beginning of the game.

next i try the new fix that is out, i fix the game... turn off cheats in CycloDs options... go to start the game and ...nothing, just a black screen.

anyone else had this problem please.. and know how to get past it?
could it be because i have the rom trimmed?

I also noticed that after the fix, the rom isnt named to its proper name

xjeffyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodangel said:
i used narins cheat to bypass security.. i play it. In the cave, the guy keeps reappearing after u save him. then today i saved at the church and the game froze. i reset game, load my game up but its lost my save game and im back at the beginning of the game.

next i try the new fix that is out, i fix the game... turn off cheats in CycloDs options... go to start the game and ...nothing, just a black screen.

anyone else had this problem please.. and know how to get past it?
could it be because i have the rom trimmed?

I also noticed that after the fix, the rom isnt named to its proper name

at the last part of your post make sure you dont rename the rom prior to fixing and after its done it should be .fixed.nds it should just add fixed into the name. i havent tried mine yet ill let ya know if mine works.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
hi jeffy,

yeah i didnt rename it and after it did add fixed to it.
I read somewhere else that another guy with cyclods also has same problem with the fix not working
frown.gif

xjeffyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i tried mine and got a black screen with the fix. with the fix it didnt even ask if i wanted to appy the cheats. just started and went to a black screen. i put the original one back on and just used the code.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I just put on the Latest new beta firmware for cycloDS 1.54 beta 3.... got the USA rom of dragon quest V....didnt patch it... just put the rom onto the mem card.... and it plays fine, gets past both the problems before... gets off ship, saves guy in cave... no problems atall
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ostil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone.

I was trying to play this game and it didn't work for me either (obviously haha). Anyways, I looked around this forum and noticed that people have put some cheat thingies up to fix the boat scene. However, I'm a total noob with this kind of thing so I don't really know what to do with those cheats or how to use them. I saw there was a some program that you use it with but I couldn't find it. Can someone help me out?

I'm using the X9 Ninjapass Evolution if that helps any. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

-Ostil-

kdanarch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Supercard Lite Rumble and I'm looking for a solution. I had been hoping someone would just release a prepatched version :/

timmyisme22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maverick_z said:
Law said:

just like Ring of Fates Moogle Screen of Death, what would this one be called then?

"Dragon Quest DS: Endless Oceans"

Sound good? (Yes, not much help as a post mind ya)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE