Hacking Dragon Quest Rocket Slime bricked my 2 of my DS Lites!!!

tKo HaXoR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a pink ds lite for my little sister and it came with Rocket Slime. I pop in the game and it turned on fine, but the next time I "accidentally" pushed the game out while the DS was booting up and it wouldn't power on anymore!!!! WTF!!! I did the exact same thing to my other DS just to check whether it was the DS lite malfunctioning, but it bricked that one to!!! I Dont know what to do! HELP ME!!! THE CAUSE OF THE BRICK IS THE GAME CARTRIDGE ITSELF SO IDK what to do

all the DS does is blink orange once with the charger plugged in. It wont power on or anything..

davislim

Trophies
Website
davis91lim.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
Senegal
you switch on the power wif the cart in it nor not????

if cart in it...remove cart n try switch on again
if cart not in it....insert cart n switch on...

if both did not work....
try wif other cart....

i dun tink much will happen to the ds wif cart begin pushing out when booting...as i accidental did tat to my ds too...+ my baby cousin destruction....my ds still work perfectly fine

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something sounds fishy here. So you turn on the DS without a cart and nothing happens? If that's the case, return your sister's DS, it's either under the 30 day return policy or NoAs 1 year warranty. As for yours, I hope it's under the warranty still. I doubt that it bricked your cart, you'd pretty much have to somehow fubar the firmware to do something like that.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently bought a pink ds lite for my little sister and it came with Rocket Slime.
Warranty.
I pop in the game and it turned on fine, but the next time I accidentally pushed the game out while the DS was booting up and it wouldn't power on anymore!!!!
So you "accidentally" pushed it out? holding my DS, my finger doesn't even reach that area that well. And "while the DS was booting up"? The DS takes a VERY short time to boot up. I don't think you can manage to reach your finger to the slot and took the game out while it was booting.
WTF!!! I did the exact same thing to my other DS just to check whether it was the DS lite malfunctioning, but it bricked that one to!!!
Lol, this part makes no sense. You would purposely try to do the same thing twice? That's really stupid, and I don't think anyone would really do that.
I Dont know what to do! HELP ME!!!
Lol if you didn't put your own lies in there, it would be easier to help.
THE CAUSE OF THE BRICK IS THE GAME CARTRIDGE ITSELF SO IDK what to do
So the game cartridge is the the thing that caused your DS to brick? Did you ever do the same with other cartridges? If not, then it's not the game itself.
all the DS does is blink orange once with the charger plugged in. It wont power on or anything
Lol I can hardly believe these 2 statements. Vids or no.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenix wright in da house
but why the heck would he lie about something like this? it doesnt seem reasonable

its not that i dont believe you tko
but psycho does have some good points

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*blinks*

so, let me get this strait, you removed the cartridge accidentally whilst the game was booting, realised it bricked the DS then tried exactly the same thing on your own DS?

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tKo HaXoR said:
IT IS NO JOKE! I seriously did this! I feel like a moron, but I would really like to get it fixed asap. Might upload a video later.

i think we all know...
sort of..
you can try telling Nintendo..
but they'll probably laugh and hang up..
No really, you should call Nintendo!

tKo HaXoR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
So i called nintendo and they asked for the serial number on the bottom of the DS, but only 1 of the DS's has it. The warranty is out on it though. I googled bricked DS and I read a few things about Flash Me. I have managed to make the DS blink green once, but nothing happens with the DS. Will flash me work or what?

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Martiin said:
tKo HaXoR said:
IT IS NO JOKE! I seriously did this! I feel like a moron, but I would really like to get it fixed asap. Might upload a video later.

i think we all know...
sort of..
you can try telling Nintendo..
but they'll probably laugh and hang up..
No really, you should call Nintendo!
How about going to Nintendo?

AJBussinessesUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
too bad tell nintendo
lecture.gif

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
I recently bought a pink ds lite for my little sister and it came with Rocket Slime.
Warranty.
I pop in the game and it turned on fine, but the next time I accidentally pushed the game out while the DS was booting up and it wouldn't power on anymore!!!!
So you "accidentally" pushed it out? holding my DS, my finger doesn't even reach that area that well. And "while the DS was booting up"? The DS takes a VERY short time to boot up. I don't think you can manage to reach your finger to the slot and took the game out while it was booting.
WTF!!! I did the exact same thing to my other DS just to check whether it was the DS lite malfunctioning, but it bricked that one to!!!
Lol, this part makes no sense. You would purposely try to do the same thing twice? That's really stupid, and I don't think anyone would really do that.
I Dont know what to do! HELP ME!!!
Lol if you didn't put your own lies in there, it would be easier to help.
THE CAUSE OF THE BRICK IS THE GAME CARTRIDGE ITSELF SO IDK what to do
So the game cartridge is the the thing that caused your DS to brick? Did you ever do the same with other cartridges? If not, then it's not the game itself.
all the DS does is blink orange once with the charger plugged in. It wont power on or anything
Lol I can hardly believe these 2 statements. Vids or no.

He probably bricked it with homebrew or pirated games using a flashcart, but doesn't want to admit that, since using a flashcart technically voids the warranty. Or it's a prank. This is kinda like a guy on the Spore forums who said he bought the game but it didn't come with a serial, so his 'friend' somehow modified his install disk so he could get it to work, but he couldn't play online. Filter out the lies, and what you're left with is that he got a pirated copy off the internet and wanted to know if there was a way to get it to work with online play. Some people think they're so clever, but there are always massive holes in their stories. They'd have better luck if they just stated the truth - "I screwed up my system while trying to play pirated games, how can I get it fixed since I no longer have a warranty?"

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
tKo HaXoR said:
the next time I accidentally pushed the game out while the DS was booting up and it wouldn't power on anymore!!!! WTF!!
Y'know, I really don't think it's the cartdrige's fault... =P

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:

-=Later=-

I love this guy

tKo HaXoR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow..hadn't come back to this since the longest. Turned out that the Rocket Slime cartridge was a fake cart. It blew a fuse on both DS Lites. I soldered the F2 fuse and both worked great after.

Ok so i didn't "accidentally" pop out the cartridge.

I tried booting the DS Lite with the game inside and that blew the fuse because it was a fake cart.

Tried the game on the other DS Lite and that one blew a fuse too.

NO THIS WAS NO PRANK! IT REALLY HAPPENED!!

I used the NDS Lite Blown Fuse fix i found in google.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL. Wow, I can't believe you came back to bump this thread although I think it's quite entertaining to read back and finally come to a conclusion to the mystery...

Where the heck would you have gotten a fake Rocket Slime cart though -.-

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tKo HaXoR said:
Wow..hadn't come back to this since the longest. Turned out that the Rocket Slime cartridge was a fake cart. It blew a fuse on both DS Lites. I soldered the F2 fuse and both worked great after.

Ok so i didn't "accidentally" pop out the cartridge.

I tried booting the DS Lite with the game inside and that blew the fuse because it was a fake cart.

Tried the game on the other DS Lite and that one blew a fuse too.

NO THIS WAS NO PRANK! IT REALLY HAPPENED!!

I used the NDS Lite Blown Fuse fix i found in google.
Thank God. I couldn't get a good nights sleep since you made this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night