Dragon Quest Press Conference Being Held on Monday

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Nah3DS, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Nah3DS
    OP

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    Square Enix will be hosting a Dragon Quest series press conference on Monday September 5. The event will see the unveiling of the latest Dragon Quest game, with an introduction to the game and video footage.

You can view a live broadcast of the event at Square Enix's Ustream channel. Tune in at 14:00.

Today's announcement from Square Enix didn't specifically mention "Dragon Quest X" by name, but this is presumably what they're referring to. Although the next numbered entry in the series was announced a couple of years back for the Wii, we've yet to actually see anything from the game.

The veil was expected to come off this month via a video that will be included with Wii's Dragon Quest Collection, but it looks like we may get an early peak on Monday![/p]
    It also seems that Square-Enix might be preparing the official website for Dragon Quest X. If you point your browser to www.dqx.jp, you're greeted with the message "But the door was firmly closed." Is that door going to open this Monday?[/p]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Source1
    [​IMG] Source2

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    God dammit, this magic key is inadequate for opening this sealed door!
    Either I hurry up and find an ultimate key, or just wait until Monday.

3. Byronic Hero

Member Byronic Hero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I really should finish DQIX.

DQX has been on Famitsu's Most Wanted list for quite a while, maybe all that hype will pay off soon.

4. PeregrinFig

Member PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

United States
    I've loved every DQ game I played (which is III, IV, V, VI, VIII, and IX), and I would say that I hope this game will be good, but one of the best parts of the DQ series is that it's consistently great, so there's no reason for hope; if DQX is getting announced, it will definitely be good.

I really need to get around to playing I, II and VII and finishing III, but the first three games are just so dated, and I can't get VII to run properly on ePSXe.

5. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    And 10 days later we will see the first trailer too, FINALLY! After almost 3 years it's been in development.
    Hopefully it lives up to my expectations, this is the one game that is as important to me as Skyrim, hopefully they don't fuck it up.

6. BoxmanWTF

Member BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Canada
    FINALLY! I've seen NOTHING on this game but a logo with wiimotes for an "X"
    I've been waiting for FAR too long SE! This better be the best damn DQ to date!

7. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    You can't really ever finish DQ9, I have put in 50 hours trying to unlock all the secret bosses and have a level 99 party and I still have not completed it.

8. Sylar1

Member Sylar1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What time will this be in EST?

9. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Well, good luck with that!

10. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Hum this series is interesting to me but not crazy bout it.. seems X on Wii will be an online episode from what i could read