Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 Announced

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Nathan Drake, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Nathan Drake
    OP

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    [​IMG]
    It's week three of Famitsu's Dragon Quest related announcements, and this week they announced Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 for the 3DS. According to series creator Yuji Hori, the game will contain new monsters, systems, and connectivity functions.

No release date was given for Japan, and no localization has been announced.

The last two Joker games came over, ignoring the Professional edition of Joker 2 that got skipped over, so there may be decent chances of this game coming over on name recognition alone. Then again, this is also the third Monsters game coming out on the 3DS and none have been localized yet.

If you're a fan, hope for good Japanese sales so that maybe this one will be given some love for the west.

:arrow: Source

ashinnblunts and Skelletonike like this.
  2. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Oh? This seems pretty interesting. I quite enjoyed the Joker series, this has a much bigger chance of being released overseas compared to the other DQM games given it's already got a following from the DS days.
    From the picture, it doesn't seem like it'll have a chibi characters (I'm kinda tired of that, tbh. z.z).

3. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Beat me to it. Waiting for these games to localized are fantastic exercises in futility. Its been over 3 years since the release of Terry's Wonderland in Japan. Everytime I think about that I get sadder and sadder knowing that the gap between the release and current date mean that the chances of a translation are getting smaller and smaller. Strangely at this point, I would be ok if we only got this one.

Something that I dont understand is why we had to wait so long to get the vanilla version of Joker 2 Pro. The additional monster and mechanics made the game much better experience. I have played a few minutes of Terry's Wonderland, and they seem to have taken everything that worked in Pro and even added in some new stuff. I havent progressed much because if you dont know japanese, you are probably just creating poor monsters, especially if you dont know what skill sets you are passing alone.

Fingers crossed for sales, I would give a lot to see TW, C&T, and this making it across the pond.

Edit: this is speculation, but it looks like those two characters are from DQ8... one looks like a generic hero and the other looks suspiciously like Jessica. I wonder if you buy both games if you can trade consumes or something around.

VMM likes this.
  4. VMM

VMM Hamon > Stand

GBAtemp Patron
    VMM is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 1, 2010
    Brazil
    My God! They're releasing the third DQM title to Japan while we have nothing.
    Usually I would like an announcement like that, but now I'm pretty pissed

5. Nathan Drake
    OP

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    At the DQ event, they briefly talked about this game. Nothing too terribly news worthy, but apparently you'll be able to ride any monster. Neat stuff. Of course, no west talk, as this was a Japanese event.

6. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Because of the hair, the MC looks like your character from Joker 1. I would be ok to see some sort expansion of that original universe.