Dragon Quest IV

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by cupajoe, Nov 20, 2007.

1. cupajoe
    OP

cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

Aug 25, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    Dragon Quest IV was just dumped and I was wondering how it compares to the original Dragon Quest IV?

2. engruzii

engruzii GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2007
    Saudi Arabia
    This world
    well the DS version is better than the PSX version in everything tho i didn't played the whole game in PSX but i can tell from what i'v seen so far & the game is a must if you know Japanese of course (prays that it'll come in US or EUR really soon) [​IMG]

anyway here's the link for the game site it has video, some screen caps for the game, a fishing mini game & more:

DRAGON QUEST IV

3. VVoltz

VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Nov 6, 2002
    USA
    I never knew there was a PSX version of it. Thanks for the info.
    In any case, was a date announced for a US release of the DS version?

4. engruzii

engruzii GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2007
    Saudi Arabia
    This world
    nope not that i know about, but i HOPE they will announced a US release soon plus the game will be out in japan in the 22th this is an early dump heh [​IMG]

note1: the PSX version didn't came to the US btw only in Japan & i knew about the game after i played the best PSX RPG which is
    DQ VII [​IMG]

note2: i got Addicted in the fishing mini game in the site for a couple of days until DQMJ got released [​IMG]

5. Scorpin200

Scorpin200 Iceman

Banned
    Jan 14, 2006
    United States
    Maryland
    I've had some problems loading this game up as well as mario party ds, and i was wondering if there was some protection on them? mario party says something , but dq is in Japanese, so i have no idea if this game is protected also.

6. engruzii

engruzii GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2007
    Saudi Arabia
    This world
    well i have a R4 with the latest update & a 1GB kingston sd memory & everything works fine & i have no problem at all
    so you might have to update your chip & also some games won't work if you sd memory is stuffed so you should leave like 100+MB in your sd memory.

7. fateastray

fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2007
    Netherlands
    100+ MB? R4 only needs 4 megs for backup date?

I wanna play it, but i'm not touching it, cuz it'll be spoiled...I'll patiently wait for a translation from either fans or squeenix..

8. cupajoe
    OP

cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

Aug 25, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    I've found myself able to get pretty far without any japanese language knowledge, you should give it a try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice