Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep, as the title says, the Dragon Quest IV remake for the DS sold 360.000 copies just on it's first day in Japan.. and there's yest DQ V and VI remakes to come.. I should have bought some Square-Enix stocks..

And this is a remake! Imagine what will happen when DQ IX is out!

well.. source: http://www.jeux-france.com/news22885_drago...e-au-japon.html

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Insane amount of copies were sold 17 years ago when this was on the NES. There were early reports of this selling out before it had even gone on sale. Switching the series to the DS is the best decision they've ever made! Doubt the same will happen when it comes out over here but it'll do better than most RPG games.

RPG games seem to be the only "hardcore" genre that sells really well, even Mario Galaxy is being surpassed by the sales of Mario Party DS!

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In other news, Mario vs Sonic at the Olympic Games sold only 15,000 on it's first day in Japan.

But I'll defiantly play this when it hits American shores. I've never played any of the Dragon Quest main games. I don't need to play 1-3 first do I? I think it's like Final Fantasy from what I hear about continuity.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In other news, Mario vs Sonic at the Olympic Games sold only 15,000 on it's first day in Japan.

But I'll defiantly play this when it hits American shores. I've never played any of the Dragon Quest main games. I don't need to play 1-3 first do I? I think it's like Final Fantasy from what I hear about continuity.

there all seperate stories there not connected

1 and 2 were good stories 3 sucked lol

i remember 4 not having a good story either :-(

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I still don't see how they expected it to sell any good. While it may have Mario and Sonic in one game, the olympics stuff totally kills it.
Sonic is dying in Japan, Sonic Rush Adventure sold very poorly. I loved Sega boasting that it will do 4 million! No idea why it needed the license, the Olympics aren't on for ages. Just call it Sonic Vs Mario: Summer Games or something. Would have cost less to make.

The DS version should do better though.

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
well that not surprising for me at least DQ games always sells high even better than FF (DQVIII sold more than 5 million copies)

plus imo DQ is the best RPG when it comes to gameplay i like it even better than FF.

DQ is all about gameplay nothing can beat it when it comes to gameplay
smile.gif

jayminer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've never played any of the Dragon Quest main games. I don't need to play 1-3 first do I? I think it's like Final Fantasy from what I hear about continuity.

Well, 1 - 3 are sort of connected. I really enjoyed having played the first two when playing the third. DQ4 is the first game in the Zenithia-triology, and they are more separated than the first three. All games can be played completely seperately though, it's just that you'll recognize stuff from the other games which I personally really like, like visiting old places and stuff. and things. and crap.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full weekly top 10:

01. [NDS] Dragon Quest IV (Square-Enix) - 597,000 / NEW
02. [PS2] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008 (Konami) - 294,000 / NEW
03. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008 (Konami) - 141,000 / NEW
04. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Nintendo) - 110,000 / 460,000
05. [PS2] Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess (Square-Enix) - 68,000 / NEW
06. [WII] Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo) - 63,000 / NEW
07. [NDS] Dinosaur King: The Seven Fragments (Sega) - 57,000 / NEW
08. [NDS] Mega Man Star Force 2: Berserk × Shinobi (Capcom) - 37,000 / NEW
09. [NDS] Mega Man Star Force 2: Berserk × Dinosaur (Capcom) - 37,000 / NEW
10. [PS2] Pachinko Assassin III: Iron Pachi-Chonmage 13 (Hackberry) - 36,000 / NEW

Amazingly Mario Party has sold a lot more than Mario Galaxy despite reviews.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer