Dragon Quest Builders Demo Available on PlayStation Store

dragon_quest_builders_logo.png

As from today, the new DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™ demo is available on the PlayStation Store.

Here's what you can do in the demo:

In this introductory chapter of the game, players can explore a large open island, restore and town and battle hordes of monsters all while completing exciting quests!

The plot of the actual game is as follows:

In DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS, players will use their creativity to build a variety of unique tools from the materials they gather, and rebuild towns and cities to restore life to the shattered world of Alefgard– a human realm destroyed and plunged into darkness by the menacing ruler of the monsters, the Dragonlord. Explore with the freedom of sandbox gameplay, combined with an immersive and charming DRAGON QUEST® story – battling with iconic DRAGON QUEST monsters and interacting with gorgeously designed 3D characters along the way. With an intuitive control system, DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS will have you building the towers and castles of your dreams in no time!

Check out the recently released “What is DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS?” trailer below:

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS will arrive in Europe and PAL territories in 14th October 2016 for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita (digital only).

:arrow: Source: GBATemp mailbox

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'd like to check the game out, but Sony apparently doesn't like people to be on their storefront purchasing games, so I'll stick with 3.60 instead.
Also, I have no PS4.
You can access psn using henkaku if you are on 3.60, on psvita. :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember that the guy who made the spoofer for PSN advised not using it, as the risk of a ban was still too high. Is that not the case anymore?

I've been gathering hundreds of trophies and accessing psn constantly from henkaku on multiple vitas. No bans yet. But I understand the concern.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember that the guy who made the spoofer for PSN advised not using it, as the risk of a ban was still too high. Is that not the case anymore?
You wanna wait for the game to be released to play it or something? Or wait for a dump of the demo to try it? :creep:
Either way, if you have a ps3, you can transfer the demo without updating the console. Or you can just wait i guess.:yayps3:

D

Deleted User

Downloaded the demo on my Vita. Currently about 20-ish minutes in and I'm really loving it, even if it looks a little Minecraft-styled in terms of appearance and gameplay!

I had only ever heard of Dragon Quest Builders a few times before, so to be honest I went completely blind into this demo. However, naturally I am a person who absolutely loves his sandbox games, so this is definitely something on my to-play list when it releases anyway, for sure!! :D

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Voxel define sandbox game. Like grand theft auto? Just cause? Retro City Rampage? Or like Maro maker, where you can create stuff... I'm not bashing games for having the ability of creation and customization, but i mean without trying to insult anyone, i just rather have a game that feels more complete. There nothing wrong with developing games that let players make and do almost anything but is like paying $30 to build stuff and then play where we already buy games, where we can skip building and just start playing.

I hardly know anything about mine craft, but it seem like something that people who like building and creation will enjoy, almost like some other games out there. Least in Just cause, the world is already massively built but you get to play and do whatever.

D

Deleted User

@Voxel define sandbox game. Like grand theft auto? Just cause? Retro City Rampage? Or like Maro maker, where you can create stuff... I'm not bashing games for having the ability of creation and customization, but i mean without trying to insult anyone, i just rather have a game that feels more complete. There nothing wrong with developing games that let players make and do almost anything but is like paying $30 to build stuff and then play where we already buy games, where we can skip building and just start playing.

I hardly know anything about mine craft, but it seem like something that people who like building and creation will enjoy, almost like some other games out there. Least in Just cause, the world is already massively built but you get to play and do whatever.
Sandbox is an actual genre of games, if you wasn't already aware:
upload_2016-9-27_18-40-47.png

As I mentioned earlier, DQB is an example of a sandbox game, as you can place blocks, craft/build many different items in the game, roam freely across the land, etc.
Your examples were just about correct as well.

Tl;dr, Sandbox games allow the player to think outside the box and be as creative as they wish.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sandbox games allow the player to think outside the box and be as creative as they wish.
I was trying to make a point of is there a difference between the games like Just cause, where there is a open well with objectives that is part of the games plot or story (Campaign) or just a game where you control everything and make stuff, build things and the focus is on creativity. People refer to the genre as sandbox, yes i understand why, usually games like where you're some god who job is creation and developement from maybe a First person prespective. (Insert actraiser here :P ) Mine craft, terraria where the focus is mostly building things of imagination, while games like grand theft auto has a story and plot, and you progress by completing task to see the ending. In one game the goal is to get to the end of the story, while another has no initial goal or story, you just do stuff.

That is what i don't understand about sandbox, is how some people may use it and the context probably doesn't fit. A game with a plot and story, where completing task unfolds more of the story would be adventure type, sandbox where you create and build as the only thing to do makes more sense.:unsure:

Checking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, how long until this gets put on PC and Steam? Wait, is not? You sure? Wouldn't surprise me if they do. I bought Ps4 to play some games only there.
Then next month, OH that game is now on PC and Steam. Well, that was money well spent on a paper weight. Seriously. My Ps4 is just collectin Dust atm... sadface.jpg.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accessed the Playstore on my PS4, then scrolled down to Free games, and there it was. I tried searching for it but it never came up as a result. The game looks fun, I might get it if it were only under the 20$ range. I would of had loved it if this game were on the 3DS though.

dogmarch

Potato Warrior - Anti Zombie
Trophies
XP
Country
I was trying to make a point of is there a difference between the games like Just cause, where there is a open well with objectives that is part of the games plot or story (Campaign) or just a game where you control everything and make stuff, build things and the focus is on creativity. People refer to the genre as sandbox, yes i understand why, usually games like where you're some god who job is creation and developement from maybe a First person prespective. (Insert actraiser here :P ) Mine craft, terraria where the focus is mostly building things of imagination, while games like grand theft auto has a story and plot, and you progress by completing task to see the ending. In one game the goal is to get to the end of the story, while another has no initial goal or story, you just do stuff.

That is what i don't understand about sandbox, is how some people may use it and the context probably doesn't fit. A game with a plot and story, where completing task unfolds more of the story would be adventure type, sandbox where you create and build as the only thing to do makes more sense.:unsure:

I'd probably define games like GTA, and similar games as open world, not sandbox. sandbox games, as I understand it is open ended and just lets you explore and do stuff.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is good news. I was planning on buying the game based off of text reviews anyways but now I can try before I buy.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to play this so badly but I don't have a PS4 and the PS4 pro was a huge disappointment of a reveal :(

Should I buy an old PS4? but it's so much money just for this one game.... :(

Last edited by Zeriel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over