'Dragon Quest Builders 2' gets release date for Japan

dqb2.PNG

In a dedicated livestream event today, Square Enix revealed the release date for the upcoming Dragon Quest Builders 2 for the Japanese market. The stream showcased gameplay elements and also revealed that the building game with a JRPG flavor will feature 4 player online and offline co-op modes.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 launches this December 20th on the PS4 and Nintendo Switch. There has been no word about a Western localization but given the first installment's success (81 on Metacritic and 83 on OpenCritic, we even gave it a 9/10 score!), it shouldn't come as a surprise that it will eventually receive a localization. Would you like to see that happen?

:arrow: SOURCE

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How curious, I never played any Dragon Quest game, specially because I'm not a fan of Toriyama's art style (it's great, but I don't looove it)

Yesterday I said "Fuck it" and started playing the first DQ game that came to my mind, and it was DQ Builders on my vita

Any more DQ games I should try?

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How curious, I never played any Dragon Quest game, specially because I'm not a fan of Toriyama's art style (it's great, but I don't looove it)

Yesterday I said "Fuck it" and started playing the first DQ game that came to my mind, and it was DQ Builders on my vita

Any of the games starting from IV, really, they're all good to great RPGs.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Not gonna lie, but even though I didn't play the first one, it looks neat.

Also a quick reminder that Dragon Quest XI will be out in 6 days :D

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Cosmic_Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Loved Dragon Quest Builders. ^^ Really hope it gets a western release. If not, I'll probably just play the Japanese version anyway. How hard could it be to grasp, really... ? :unsure:

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The best one (in my opinion) is still the spin off Dragon Quest Monsters. Either enjoy the original on GBC, play the 3DS version (Terry's Wonderland 3D) or wait another 500 years for the fan translation of the japanese PSX port called Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2.

Reactions: NerdNumber3

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dragon Quest VI

That one is of the few that are memorable. Dragon Quest spinoffs are boring as hell but some people apparently like them.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dragon Quest VI

That one is of the few that are memorable. Dragon Quest spinoffs are boring as hell but some people apparently like them.
DQM is the only spin off I really played (don't like the japanese Heroes aka Warriors games that much).
And as someone who played some main series games as well DQM really isn't that far away. Only difference is that you use monsters to fight for you (hello, Pokémon) instead of a party of humans.

Was DQM the one with those islands which appear after you did something to them in the past? That was a good one.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DQM is the only spin off I really played (don't like the japanese Heroes aka Warriors games that much).
And as someone who played some main series games as well DQM really isn't that far away. Only difference is that you use monsters to fight for you (hello, Pokémon) instead of a party of humans.

Was DQM the one with those islands which appear after you did something to them in the past? That was a good one.
Yeah DQM was awesome, it was basically dragon quest pokemon xp

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

In a dedicated livestream event today, Square Enix revealed the release date for the upcoming Dragon Quest Builders 2 for the Japanese market. The stream showcased gameplay elements and also revealed that the building game with a JRPG flavor will feature 4 player online and offline co-op modes.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 launches this December 20th on the PS4 and Nintendo Switch. There has been no word about a Western localization but given the first installment's success (81 on Metacritic and 83 on OpenCritic, we even gave it a 9/10 score!), it shouldn't come as a surprise that it will eventually receive a localization. Would you like to see that happen?

:arrow: SOURCE
What's that at 1:17:47? Looks like a hearthstonish card game in the DQ universe. If that's the case, bring it to the Nintendo Switch and take my money!

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Get DQVIII on the 3ds

Best by far

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The best one (in my opinion) is still the spin off Dragon Quest Monsters. Either enjoy the original on GBC, play the 3DS version (Terry's Wonderland 3D) or wait another 500 years for the fan translation of the japanese PSX port called Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2.

Dragon Quest VI

Get DQVIII on the 3ds

Best by far

Noted down all of them, thx guys!

Reactions: lordelan and x65943

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah if you have a japanese 3ds its acutally possible to play 1-11 though 1, 2, 3, 10, and 11 are japanese exclusive on 3ds VIII and IV are commonly taken as the best in the series
11 is bring localized to Switch and 1,2, and 3 are available on mobile. I've never heard of IV being called good. Mostly V. I think it's the wife thing.

Last edited by Pluupy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Be careful when going to Wordpress sites, since plugins can easily be exploited with malware.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Be careful going outside you might get cancer
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Be careful touching, you might get STDs.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Already got a few aids they help me
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My phone is pretty secure the Chinese spies tell me it's really locked down and I probably should eat more fiber lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This sponsor is brought to you buy surfshark
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 Always touching 🍆
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, got excited when he heard about touch screen
    +2
    :unsure: What to have for lunch [12:57 pm] [tap, tap, tap.. 💡] brb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grindr date?
    +1
    Fish sticks
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Date sticks
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @SylverReZ I didn't say I watched either, did I?
    I didn't actively watch them, rather, I had the misfortune of witnessing that shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Wut? I don't understand.
    +1
  • LeoTCK tempBOT:
    LeoTCK has joined the room.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least maybe give context, the conversations going quicker.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Here we go
    +2
    Made chili cheese dogs with all the trimmings :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ah shit, here we go again. I ain't represented Grove Street in five years, but the Ballas won't give a shit.
    I am having fish sticks for dinner lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting ancientboi excited psi
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop getting ancientboi excited psi