Dragon Media Player 0.25 Alpha - Reversed Audio Channels

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by the_randomizer, Jul 8, 2011.

1. the_randomizer
    OP

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Okay, now before you suggest that I should use Wii Media Center, I will tell you why I use DMP 0.25 instead. WMC 1.1.8 (the most recent version) randomly crashes every time I load it. Whether it happens after 1 minute of 10 minutes, it's more unstable then Windows ME. So, I use DMP 0.25 instead, it seems to be much more reliable, and has a pretty nice user interface. But there is one very noticeable flaw, the sound channels are reverse of what they should be.

Now here are two versions of the same song, the FF7 battle theme:

1 - This is how it SHOULD sound like http://www.filefactory.com/file/cc4cd08/n/...ttle_normal.mp3

2 - This is how Dragon Media Player makes all sounds sound like http://www.filefactory.com/file/cc4cd1a/n/...le_reversed.mp3

WTF? Isn't there ANYTHING that can be done to change it so they output sound properly, and NOT reversed?

Surely, it can't be a Homebrew Channel or libogc limitation, as Wii Media Center outputs the audio correctly. The other issue is there is no google code page for DMP, so I can't tell the guy who maintains it about the issue. I don't know anything about programming, so please don't suggest that I do it myself. I assume that making the change can't be THAT difficult. You'd think after three years the author would make those changes by now. In a worst case scenario, I could swap all the channels of the MP3s on my SD card on my PC then load them in the Wii. The problem with that is doing the same thing over and over again three hundred or so times would be awfully tedious.

2. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    as far as i know they are not working on this media player anymore..(updating it).. you could use M player. though not the best looking one out there but still good enough. also i have been using wiimc. ever since it hit. an had very limited problems with it crashing. had all sorts of crashing until i got rid of the spin down app. thats in the newer hdd. that could be your problem..

3. the_randomizer
    OP

United States
    I use an SDHC card, not an HDD. WMC crashes every bloody time I use it. I shouldn't have to reset my Wii every five-ten minutes. I thought this program was supposed to be "stable".

Wii System 4.3U
    HBC Version 1.0.8
    IOS 058

4. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    Did you ever read about the "HBC network init bug" and the magic solution of removing no_ios_reload line from meta.xml files ?
    Another solution is to install wiimc channel i think (but make sure your wii is connected to internet when running the installer unless you want the same bug occuring during channel installation...

5. the_randomizer
    OP

United States

Both methods didn't do jack squat; both the channel forwarder and getting rid of the line in the .xml file doesn't make a difference from my end. The POS still crashes more than Windows ME. Until someone can prove that it can run stable, I'm not using it.