Hacking ROM Hack DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT

itsrazed

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Made a quick 60fps mod. Not tested for more than 5 minutes and I'm not going to play this game through at the moment, so won't be doing anything else with it.

60fps is unlocked and resolution is dropped by 20% in both docked and portable. That's 900p reduced to 720p in docked, I forget the exact portable value but it's reduced to around 500p as I recall. Overclocking is advised to get the best out of it obviously.
How do i install or apply this?

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made a quick 60fps mod. Not tested for more than 5 minutes and I'm not going to play this game through at the moment, so won't be doing anything else with it.

60fps is unlocked and resolution is dropped by 20% in both docked and portable. That's 900p reduced to 720p in docked, I forget the exact portable value but it's reduced to around 500p as I recall. Overclocking is advised to get the best out of it obviously.
anybody tried this? Does this work well with the max safe handheld overclocks (1785, 537, 1600)?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody tried this? Does this work well with the max safe handheld overclocks (1785, 537, 1600)?
so while it works in general a big issue is it only works until you enter a story cutscene because they are still locked to 30FPS and will keep the game locked into 30FPS until you restart the game again.
funny how so many people have ignored this

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@UnT7oh I know you said you won't touch it at the moment since you're not gonna play the game, but I figured you might wanna know about the issue anyway? Who knows

From Masagrator the legend: "if cheat is activated all the time, then that may mean that game code is setting maxFPS to 30 for cutscene and either doesn't reset it or it sets maxFPS to 30 also later"
Masagrator also has ZERO interest in trying to fix this one :P

who knows? Maybe somebody else can

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@UnT7oh I know you said you won't touch it at the moment since you're not gonna play the game, but I figured you might wanna know about the issue anyway? Who knows

From Masagrator the legend: "if cheat is activated all the time, then that may mean that game code is setting maxFPS to 30 for cutscene and either doesn't reset it or it sets maxFPS to 30 also later"
Masagrator also has ZERO interest in trying to fix this one :P

who knows? Maybe somebody else can
the differences is I assume LayeredFS patches only apply once which is why the unpatched cutscene FPS overrides it while an actual cheat would activate again after the cutscene was over.

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
My recommendation to all the entitled brats looking for someone else to code this for you because "it defeats the purpose of being in handled of you need your charger"; is to go to the sysclk github page, and click "forks", then look for one fork that will allow you to override the overclock limits of regular sysclck, there are some that will allow max clocks when in handheld.
Then use reversenx and that's it. Be aware you're killing you're battery if you do this, and remember you may cause overheating issues, easily and greatly reducing the lifespan of your unit motherboard and graphics chip. This is the reason why you're not able to do this easily and Nintendo will limit stuff in handheld mode, it's not to make you suffer. Unless you have a big additional fan attached to your unit at all times it's really not worth it.

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not an entitled brat looking to do that

I just want 60 fps to work beyond cutscenes, but have no idea how to mess with the patch to do that

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of replacing it with a hi-def version when you're already dropping the resolution to get everything to run at 60fps? Best case, you end up with something analogous to Final Fantasy VII, where the cutscenes are beautiful and compared to them, the in-game character models look like they were made with Play-Doh and a machete (for different reasons, of course). Worst case, the hi-def video gets downscaled just like everything else and it makes no difference that you swapped the video for a higher definition one to begin with. Plus, this is Dragon Ball we're talking about. It's not like it's super detail-rich and will actually benefit from a higher resolution.
Just literally popped in to say you literally said exactly my thoughts twice in a row 😅 funny how some people think exactly alike at certain times and subjects 😅

lvet000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys in the PC version it's very simple to replace the cutscenes in this game with modded ones (for language change purposes). On PC the cutscenes are under the "Movies" folder in the instalation folder and you simply exchange the .usm files for the modded ones.

Say you convert these to a format the Switch can read like .webm, do you think romfs can "inject" them? Does anybody knows the correct file path for cutscenes on the switch version?

Thanks in advance.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
FPSLocker has patch available for it that works everywhere, also tweaks dynamic resolution to match FPS target and unties real-time cutscenes speed from framerate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)