Hacking ROM Hack DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT

vanraz86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can there be a 60 fps patch or a handheld boost in resolution to 720p or a graphics patch? This game needs either of the three, I am surprised how much I enjoy it.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can there be a 60 fps patch or a handheld boost in resolution to 720p or a graphics patch? This game needs either of the three, I am surprised how much I enjoy it.
I wonder this too, though reverse NX with the docked flag. Def helps straighten out some edges and maybe some more.
There is a 60 fps cheat in the 60 fps discord/thread. but it's only jap version.

vanraz86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I wonder this too, though reverse NX with the docked flag. Def helps straighten out some edges and maybe some more.
There is a 60 fps cheat in the 60 fps discord/thread. but it's only jap version.
Would really appreciate an input from Masagrator.

Indeed reverse Nx does sharpen things a bit but I need my switch to be charged while playing and it kind of defies the purpose of gaming on a handheld.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so? What do you mean? docked is 60 fps you mean? 60 fps doesn't change anything to the aliasing and texture sharpness etc.
you clearly haven't used any 60fps mods and don't understand they use much more power than 30fps which is the reason most switch games even run at 30fps. a 60fps patch will still require handheld mode to be at least set to docked speeds if not higher depending on the game

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you clearly haven't used any 60fps mods and don't understand they use much more power than 30fps which is the reason most switch games even run at 30fps. a 60fps patch will still require handheld mode to be at least set to docked speeds if not higher depending on the game
Oh wait I totally read that different. I understand what you mean. It was about regarding power consumption.

Reactions: deathblade200

vanraz86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Actually no, there are graphics hacks which do not require overclocking the console to Dock levels, hence no need to have it charged while playing.

What is more important, even more than 60pfs hack, to sharpen a bit the graphics in handheld.

So please, if anyone can help, let us know. Much appreciated!

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually no, there are graphics hacks which do not require overclocking the console to Dock levels, hence no need to have it charged while playing.

What is more important, even more than 60pfs hack, to sharpen a bit the graphics in handheld.

So please, if anyone can help, let us know. Much appreciated!
you are not going to be playing this game at 60 fps in handheld speeds unless you like horrible frame drops. same for graphic mods. if you think otherwise then you clearly don't mod games much

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's all a trade-off. Do you want better graphics, higher resolutions and faster framerates? Well, the main trade-off here is battery life. All these changes you want to make require more power. This also means more heat is produced, which might lead to damaged internal components if it gets hot enough. You can't eat your cake and have it too.

Reactions: uzimakiuchiha

vanraz86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
und 500p as I recall. Overclo
Made a quick 60fps mod. Not tested for more than 5 minutes and I'm not going to play this game through at the moment, so won't be doing anything else with it.

60fps is unlocked and resolution is dropped by 20% in both docked and portable. That's 900p reduced to 720p in docked, I forget the exact portable value but it's reduced to around 500p as I recall. Overclocking is advised to get the best out of it obviously.
thank you very much for this!
Is it possible to have a hack to display 720p portable with a slight gpu increase, without needing to have reverseNX? Normal fps, of course

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you very much for this!
Is it possible to have a hack to display 720p portable with a slight gpu increase, without needing to have reverseNX? Normal fps, of course
do you even realize what you just asked? reversenx doesn't suddenly make it require dock clock speeds. what reversenx does with that patch is the exact same as what you were wanting from the start

Last edited by deathblade200,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made a quick 60fps mod. Not tested for more than 5 minutes and I'm not going to play this game through at the moment, so won't be doing anything else with it.

60fps is unlocked and resolution is dropped by 20% in both docked and portable. That's 900p reduced to 720p in docked, I forget the exact portable value but it's reduced to around 500p as I recall. Overclocking is advised to get the best out of it obviously.
so while it works in general a big issue is it only works until you enter a story cutscene because they are still locked to 30FPS and will keep the game locked into 30FPS until you restart the game again.

ayumi0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

Thank you. Is it impossible to replace the story video with a high-definition file for PC or ps4 when the video quality is too low?

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you. Is it impossible to replace the story video with a high-definition file for PC or ps4 when the video quality is too low?
What's the point of replacing it with a hi-def version when you're already dropping the resolution to get everything to run at 60fps? Best case, you end up with something analogous to Final Fantasy VII, where the cutscenes are beautiful and compared to them, the in-game character models look like they were made with Play-Doh and a machete (for different reasons, of course). Worst case, the hi-def video gets downscaled just like everything else and it makes no difference that you swapped the video for a higher definition one to begin with. Plus, this is Dragon Ball we're talking about. It's not like it's super detail-rich and will actually benefit from a higher resolution.

Reactions: uzimakiuchiha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.