Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot set to get new DLC called Trunks: The Warrior of Hope

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot has been out for a while, but the game's full scope of content isn't complete yet. The final DLC for it has been announced, with a release slated for later this year. Titled Trunks: The Warrior of Hope, it'll cover the story shown in the anime movie Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks, and has you play as Future Gohan and Trunks. Bandai Namco plans to launch the DLC pack sometime in early summer 2021.

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
This is my favorite arc in DBZ. Solid game, too. Hopefully can buy this DLC stand-alone cuz it’s the only one I care about.

What a pleasant surprise! Didn't know you were a DB fan! :D

This is definitely one of my favorites! I love Future Trunks (Mirai no Trunks). ^_^

I envy you so much right now, because I would love to be playing this! Maybe when I get a better PC or a console upgrade, considering this may not even be released on the Switch. :unsure:

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
What a pleasant surprise! Didn't know you were a DB fan! :D

This is definitely one of my favorites! I love Future Trunks (Mirai no Trunks). ^_^

I envy you so much right now, because I would love to be playing this! Maybe when I get a better PC or a console upgrade, considering this may not even be released on the Switch. :unsure:
It's a fantastic game! It does get a bit repetitive but all the fun nods to DBZ canon and stuff are definitely worth it. I was hoping for combat to be a bit more like Tenkaichi 3, but alas, it can't be perfect. Definitely check it out on PC if you can--afaik even next-gen is 30fps locked BC.

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's a fantastic game! It does get a bit repetitive but all the fun nods to DBZ canon and stuff are definitely worth it. I was hoping for combat to be a bit more like Tenkaichi 3, but alas, it can't be perfect. Definitely check it out on PC if you can--afaik even next-gen is 30fps locked BC.

From the videos I've seen, it looks amazing! The graphics are really good and the quests are funny and very faithful to the franchise. From the reviews, there are a few bits and bobs that could be definitely improved but, as you said, it can't be perfect. The fighting style looks interesting, but a bit different from what we are used to. I really like Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3 for the character roster and freedom during fights, but my favorite of all is still the Budokai 3 for its iconic 2D-fighting style with enhanced 3D-ish graphics, very typical from the Budokai series. I also enjoy the FighterZ, although story mode is very limited imo. Good, but limited.

I'll try to play DBZ: Kakarot soon. I'm really curious about it and it's a shame I didn't try it yet. :rofl:

Last edited by tfocosta,

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
*Another reason

You fool. It has its flaws, but it's by and large the best 3D open world DBZ game that goes over the story of Z. (Like how narrow I made that sentence?)
Idk man, can it hold a candle to the other best 3D DBZ game, Sagas?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just waiting for Kakarot to go on sale for 60% off again (or more) before picking it up. Funny that I'm being so stingy since this would've been my dream game as a kid, but I had FighterZ to hold me over on Dragon Ball content for a while.

Reactions: tfocosta

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just waiting for Kakarot to go on sale for 60% off again (or more) before picking it up. Funny that I'm being so stingy since this would've been my dream game as a kid, but I had FighterZ to hold me over on Dragon Ball content for a while.

Same here! And I'll need a better PC to run it properly or a PS4/PS5. Don't want to play it with low-res. :rofl:

FighterZ is awesome! Do you have the full roster already with all DLC characters? :)

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Same here! And I'll need a better PC to run it properly or a PS4/PS5. Don't want to play it with low-res. :rofl:

FighterZ is awesome! Do you have the full roster already with all DLC characters? :)
So far just Fighters Pass 1, waiting on a sale for the others.

Edit: Got Fighters Pass 2 from GMG for about $10.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: tfocosta

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ehh I skipped the game.. I do have a bootleg version on PC but I never played it. Kakarot was like $20 on Black Friday I didn't pick it up because you still need to buy the DLC. IMO the game isn't complete and it doesn't give you the full DBZ experience. Let's take out Super and lets take out GT. Let's talk about DBZ.... Where's Turles, Lord Slug, Cooler, Metal Cooler, Android 13, Brolly, I mean give us all the cool movie fights that was incorporated in DBZ. I'm tired of playing watered down games I might as well play Xenoverse 2.

This was the first DBZ game ever that I had skipped but then again when you play them for nearly 20 years you kinda get tired of repeating a game. I do like the game but the content isn't there... History of trunks should have been in the game from the beginning... same thing it should have had the Bardock story at the very beginning of the game... idk what Bandai is doing but it isn't good.

Stuff like GT and Super should have been the DLC... Budukai 3 has more content than Kakarot and that's a 17 year old game :wacko:

Last edited by Goku1992A,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I mean give us all the cool movie fights that was incorporated in DBZ.
Well I think it's perfectly fine it has all the main DBZ stuff... I'm not surprised it doesn't have all 12+ movies. It would be cool if they did, but, perfectly fine.
The game is really cool, the best goku sim to date I would say, regardless if know the story inside and out. If you're bored of the dbz story, then of course, you'd be bored of the story in the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW...