Dragon Ball Super - International Official Openings (and Unofficial OPs too)

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,149
  • Replies 12
  • Likes 1
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Official Openings. Fandubs below.

"Engrish" Opening (It's the Japanese singer attempting to sing in English)

Latin Spanish Opening

Brazilian Portuguese Opening

Portuguese Portugal Opening

And as for Italy's, France's and Spain's opening they're in Japanese so no point listing them as they didn't dub them (sadly).

As an Iberian Portuguese fella I was hoping they'd have learnt to not do the same crap they did back in the 90's but they kept the same cringeworthy stuff and what's worse is that the opening was made so badly. What the hell happened to QC, Toei? According to the amazing Wendel Bezerra (Brazilian Goku) over in Brazil they sent samples of different versions sang by different singers to Toei in Japan but I suppose things are done differently, very differently in Portugal (for some reason they even fully translate movie titles completely).

Ultimately, I feel none of them did a very impressive job as they've proved in the past. Especially in Latin Spanish and Brazilian who did an incredible job with CHA-LA-HEAD-CHA-LA.

Here are some fandubs so you can see how much better they are (or at least in my opinion).

English

Latin Spanish

Spanish of Spain

Portuguese of Brazil

Portuguese of Portugal

Fandubbers have come a long way and they can even surpass official dubs (fans of the English, Latino and Brazilian versions aren't necessarily too happy... neither the Portuguese one but those eat it up anyway).

You know, it's a disservice when Toei picks crappy singers (or unfitting) over really good ones. Sigh.

Reactions: RustInPeace

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Chousetzu Dynamic isn't a good OP at all, in my opinion. Makafushugi Adventure and Cha La Head Cha La are the only songs I'll ever respect as a DB/Z/S OP. At least the tournament OP in Super right now is alright. The engrish intro is beyond weird, wow.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
The weirdest opening is the English one. I and many others can't even make what he's saying.
Because it is the same guy who sang the Japanese version. So he's a Japanese dude who doesn't speak english frequently. So yeah.... He tried his best. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

LOL! This one has a creepy tone in it.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Because it is the same guy who sang the Japanese version. So he's a Japanese dude who doesn't speak english frequently. So yeah.... He tried his best. ;)

Don't I know it. :P Toei needs to stop trying to hire their Japanese singers to sing in English it simply does not work. At all.

LOL! This one has a creepy tone in it.

Yeah, that one is really strange and unprofessional. I criticised it on the YouTube section (how dare I!) and other Portuguese defended. No comment. lol

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so wait the American one is in English? bruh I just thought he said like the 'don't you want to dream again' part and then went on a Ching Chong rampage

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
so wait the American one is in English? bruh I just thought he said like the 'don't you want to dream again' part and then went on a Ching Chong rampage
Well, it's um.. Japanese mixed with a little English.

FUNimation apparently never got permission to dub the opening but they did the endings.

Ending 1

Ending 2

Reactions: orangy57

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it's not like we don't have a choice, In cartoon network Latinoamerica you can listen to the full episodes with japanese audio through the SAP audio channel, including the opening and ending, I was really surprised they included that option, too bad CN doesn't have subtitles.

Last edited by lordkaos,
Reactions: ShonenJump

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I watch DBS Dub via a streaming site, I thought that intro was a fandub, as I first heard it during I think episode 28 or so of the sub. That was a year ago, so when I heard it again in recent episodes of the Super dub, I thought it was the streaming site editing that bit in, I didn't know it was official. Quite frankly I skip the intros and endings in the dubs, they're much better in the subs. I have looped the original Super intro hours on end, and I'm pretty much doing the same with the current one, I love them that much. If the dubs allowed for the full opening and closing sequences, I'd give them the time of day, but US network television, trim that shit down because we have squeeze in stupid commercials and stuff. If they still do that, I don't watch TV anymore.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chousetzu Dynamic isn't a good OP at all, in my opinion. Makafushugi Adventure and Cha La Head Cha La are the only songs I'll ever respect as a DB/Z/S OP. At least the tournament OP in Super right now is alright. The engrish intro is beyond weird, wow.
This captures my feelings pretty much. Hated when they changed Cha La Head Cha La half way through Z's run. Love the Jap Version of Dragon Soul and Kuu Zen Zetsu Go

Last edited by SANIC,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
well, it's not like we don't have a choice, In cartoon network Latinoamerica you can listen to the full episodes with japanese audio through the SAP audio channel, including the opening and ending, I was really surprised they included that option, too bad CN doesn't have subtitles.
Spain offers channels in dual-audio too so the viewers can listen to it dubbed or in its original language. It's interesting that folks can watch Shin-chan in Japanese via a Spanish source.

I honestly never liked Shin-chan in Japanese as I've grew to appreciate Castellano as the 'original' language of it.

Reactions: ShonenJump

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1