Spikey

Your Special Someone
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The Dragonball universe and canon is one of the most well-known (though not loved) anime properties in the otaku mind-share, and developer NTL looks to be capitalizing on that with plans for an MMO. In beta testing since last summer, the game will be on 360 and PC and is expected to see release overseas this year. Dragonball Online is set many many years after the story known by fans, allowing plenty of room for the devs to craft some form of story and universe that allows all the players to become powerful. From what little is currently known, the over-arching goals of course involve collecting Dragonballs, as well as participating in martial arts tournaments. The Dragonball franchise has plenty of fans in the west, but they'll have to wait out the possibly of release outside of the Asian countries.

Source

Being into Dragon Ball when I was younger, this looks mighty interesting. I don't like the idea of paying a monthly fee to play this(assuming there is one), but it's an interesting concept nonetheless. I know many people will probably reply bashing the series, but would like to see what others think of this. Can't wait to see what will come of this.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1203053515284cx6.jpg

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in how this turns out, because I'm a big fan of the fighting Dragon Ball Z games.

On a similar page, I'm really dissapointed the Marvel MMO was cancelled
frown.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[12:43] oshit
[12:44] I'll be master roshi, and never fight or anything, just walk around and be perverted, peek into ladies bathrooms and stuff
[12:44] I'm so there

Spikey

Your Special Someone
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I was under the impression this was only for PC.
unsure.gif
Well, it said PC and 360 so I'm guessing it's for both. I wonder if the two will be connected... playing with 360 and PC players at the same time. Would be nice for a keyboard and mouse option on the 360 version, but I don't think 360 games generally have that kind of option... Oh well...

In the end, I at least want to give this game a trial to see if it's any good. And, of course, no MMO game is much fun without friends to play with so fellow tempers will need to pick this game up at the same time and see how it is.
tongue.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ewwww mmorpg is not 4 console :|

pc might be cool if it has a custom interface option
But DBZ is for mmorpg? XD Personally I don't think the universe suits an MMORPG very well, which is exactly why I'm interested in the game. I want to play it to see how it works. I want to see if the game plays and feels right. Again, I don't think it'll work, but I want to see if I can be proven wrong.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks like it might turn out decently. A lot of games lately have been taking cues from WoW and they seem to be as well. Even the Time Machine thing in the trailer reminds me of WoW's Caverns of Time. It's not something I could myself playing for more than a month or two though.

One downside I foresee though is the return of noobs with ridiculous player names such as, SSJGokuLv666. I remember this being particularly bad in MMOs and other online communities back around 2000.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+