Dragon Ball FighterZ - Gotenks trailer

Arc System Works' upcoming 2D Dragon Ball Z fighting game has revealed three new characters for its roster: Adult Gohan, Kid Buu, and Gotenks. There will also be an arcade mode, which allows for players to compete against enemy AI to win "Zeni", in order to buy alternate costumes for the characters. A new trailer was also uploaded to Bandai Namco's YouTube account, detailing Gotenks' gameplay. Dragon Ball FighterZ is set to launch on January 26, 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. You can read the current character roster below.

• Android 16
  • Android 18
  • Android 21
  • Kid Buu
  • Majin Buu
  • Freiza + Golden Frieza
  • Ginyu
  • Gohan (Cell Games)
  • Gohan (Ultimate)
  • Goku
  • Gotenks SSJ3
  • Krillin
  • Nappa
  • Perfect Cell
  • Piccolo
  • Super Saiyan Blue Goku
  • Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta
  • Tien
  • Future Trunks
  • Vegeta
  • Yamcha

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh.. these games come every now and then.
What is even different anymore....

There was Budokai, Budukai Tenkaichi.. god knows how many variants of the same shit...

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France

There was Budokai, Budukai Tenkaichi.. god knows how many variants of the same shit...
That's a very ignorant statement at best. There hasn't been a single true (and official) fighting game as far as Dragon Ball goes, only button mashers. This is the very first game with actual depth and proper combos.

Last edited by Osha,

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States

I would actually say this one is more competent, as it's not developed by Atari or Spike, etc, and is more focused on more intricate fighting styles (as in, tournament level play). Arc System Works might as well be the king of the genre, so this game is breaking away from the generic yearly DBZ cash in game mold.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would actually say this one is more competent, as it's not developed by Atari or Spike, etc, and is more focused on more intricate fighting styles (as in, tournament level play). Arc System Works might as well be the king of the genre, so this game is breaking away from the generic yearly DBZ cash in game mold.
Dragonball Z budokai was developed by Dimps, the same company who help made sonic advance titles, and Street fighter IV. Just putting that out there. Though if Arc system works is making this game, it gives me hope for playing it. Now only if funimation handles localization for English dub, I be even more excited. I was very disappointed that the expansion to guilty gear xrd revelator/rev 2 did not have the "-Sign-" English localization, and blaz blue central fiction didn't have one at all. Aksys or whoever was in charge either didn't have money to get the Voice actors, or was taking shortcuts to put the game out sooner or just too lazy and wanted to save money. (I dunno the truth but I know i felt a bit upset):glare:

I hope they make another contra game again, hard corps uprising on ps3 was so good, a contra game that looks and play like guilty gear was so fun! :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny is that I love all Dragon ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, Movies and Dragon Ball Super series but dont like Dragon's Ball video games since SFC games lol.

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
*hype intensifies*

Attachments

• L090lvT.gif
    L090lvT.gif
    698.7 KB · Views: 320
Reactions: DarthDub

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last edited by Olmectron,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i played this one on 3DS but its kinda boring and 3ds controls for this kind of games is kind bad
Aside from the HD textures and some more combos, I don't see any difference at all in gameplay. Controls are something different, yes, but gameplay-wise, it's the same game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/