ROM Hack Drag&Drop SDHC or similar support flashcard?

Punkonjunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hey, so I have a supercard SD laying around, and I was thinking a gameboy micro with some solid games on it would be great for just keeping in the ol' fanny pack. I'm looking for one that could probably hold most of the library, so I'm hoping there is a GBA flashcard that:
Can use MicroSDHC or SDHC cards up to 16gbs.
Works/very high compatability.
Hopefully has drag and drop file support and doesn't need each rom converted.

If not on the last one, that's OK. If there is nothing like this, or the Supercard SD is still a solid system, I may just stick with that.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey, so I have a supercard SD laying around, and I was thinking a gameboy micro with some solid games on it would be great for just keeping in the ol' fanny pack. I'm looking for one that could probably hold most of the library, so I'm hoping there is a GBA flashcard that:
Can use MicroSDHC or SDHC cards up to 16gbs. No GBA flashcart has support for SDHC. GBA flashcarts were made and designed before the SDHC standard came into being.
Works/very high compatability. High maybe, just not very high.
Hopefully has drag and drop file support and doesn't need each rom converted. Sorry but a DLDI autopatcher doesn't exist for GBA flashcart. It is this very reason that a DLDI autopatching came into existence for NDS flashcarts. Your going to be manually patching for alot of games, no way around it.

If not on the last one, that's OK. If there is nothing like this, or the Supercard SD is still a solid system, I may just stick with that. There are several but only a few remaining that are like the Supercard SD where you have external storage. The other remaining cart like the Supercard is the EZ-Flash IV.

IMG_90165b.jpg

It uses a miniSD, not a microSD. You can use a micro to miniSD adaptor. To avoid complications, getting a real miniSD is preferred.

Reactions: 1 person

Punkonjunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Sounds like my supercard SD is going to do the job then, huh? Looks like there isn't any alternative that is really effective. Sigh. Might be worth it to just fix up my PSP, I've never encountered any issues with Kai's Gpsp. or maybe it's time for a PSPgo...
Thanks for the help, man.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An EZ-IV would play GBA games better than the Supercard SD (due to the slowdown issues with GBA games on Supercards), but yeah, all three of your points are still not going to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."