Dr Pepper.... the new mixer?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Little, Oct 12, 2008.

Oct 12, 2008

Dr Pepper.... the new mixer? by Little at 2:28 PM (3,272 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Little
    OP

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    Sooo. I was in the local convience store this morning, getting the sunday paper and a loaf of fresh baked bread... when I upon the counter I did see nothing less than a single can of Dr Pepper. Well, i thought to myself, I haven't consumed a can of Dr Pepper in many a moon. So buy that can of Dr Pepper I did and placed it upon my kitchen table. Why, I thought to myself, why have I not had a can of Dr Pepper in such a many moons ago? Then a thought came upon me.... I only ever drink fizzy soda pop drinks when they are laced with liqour while dancing the night away in entertainment venues. Then wondered I did, why Dr Pepper was not a mixer widely available from north to south of this here country. So making very little haste, I endevoured to mix a single shot of the greatest rum in the world, malibu rum, with the correct porportionate amount of Dr Pepper from the can into a glass. Then taste it I did. It was good.

So, Dr Pepper... mixer of the future?? Why don't they sell Dr Pepper and spirits?

2. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Because then everyone would be writing/talking like they were from the middle ages.

3. Medic

Newcomer Medic Member

United States
    Because everyone is not a alcoholic.

4. Little
    OP

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    Having a single spirit shot with a mixer doesn't make someone an alcoholic.

Admittedly, wanting to test out dr peper and malibu at 2pm in the evening with my lunch... that might. lol. nah i'm not an alcoholic!

i dont drink on school nights lol.

5. Elfeckin

Member Elfeckin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Seven years ago when i was twenty ond i used to walk to the liquor store practically every day and buy a 750 of rum and a 2 littler of dr.pepper...ahhh fondd memories of sitting in front of a computer drink in hand till the wee hours of the morning...that lasted for about two years...boy was i miserable =^D...now im pretty much 28 and have a much better life...=^)

6. Little
    OP

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    maybe its a 21 yo thing

7. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    2pm in the evening?

She really is drunk!

8. Little
    OP

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    hush up !

9. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    Biting off rum and coke, which is a classic. Anyway, everyone knows orange juice is the best mixer/chaser. Cheap and available everywhere. Now with Vitamin C!

10. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    I can not say I have ever had Dr. Pepper mixed with any sort of alcohol. Though I did have a small conversation about the drink today.

For me the most common beverages for me to mix with alcohol are, Mountin Dew, Pepsi, Tonic, Lemonade, Orange Juice and on accident once (making it not so common) water.

11. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    I've had quite a few Rum-Doc's  in my time. I actually prefer them to rum and coke, but qty must be limited due to sugar content. I've also had Jack-Doc's, but they aren't really that good. They're for emergency use only.

@bangbanger: Water is probably a more common mixer than you might think, and I don't mean melting ice. Bourbon and water is a very common drink in parts of the US where bourbon is actually appreciated for its taste. Scotch and water is pretty common too.

12. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I had Dr Pepper and Vodka over the weekend, it was quite nice. It never occured to me to mix Dr Pepper with anything, I only did because there was nothing else I could mix it with.

I mostly just by fruit juice, Coke or Cherry Coke and mix them but I will in the future use Dr Pepper instead.

13. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Pssst...... Dr Pepper and rum* ice cream float.

Do not try it with rum-miel though.

*use malibu if you will but rot-gut type rum is far better.

14. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    @Szyslak I was referring more to me that it was not common. I know a few people who do water chasers. I kind of do but I will drink everything in my cup and then drink a cup of water.

15. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    Yeah, I kinda figured that after I re-read your post. Wasn't trying to be all lecturing or anything. [​IMG]

Lately if I'm drinking liquor I'll start out with a couple Jack 'n Cokes, then switch over to Jack 'n water so I don't get too much sugar. Jack or bourbon on the rocks always works too, but that makes for an early night. (or a late night that never turns out well) [​IMG]