Gaming DQIX Freezes When Handing in Quest

xXKronoXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello

So I've been running Xenom's DQIX on an AK2i that is fully up to date and I've had no problems until now.

I'm at the part where I have to climb Zere Rocks, just before you reach the top you meet Christopher Collapsus. The problem is whenever I try to hand in the quest, the game freezes after he says he is going to give me my reward. Has anyone else had this problem? Or know any fixes?

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just keep trying to do it is all I can say. I haven't had a problem running the patched game at all.
(AK2.1 running AKAIO 1.7)

BTW the reward is a treasure map.
biggrin.gif

xXKronoXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have kept trying, just got fed up going up the mountain to hand it in so I decided to search if there was a fix for it. xD

I know it's a treasure map and that's why I'm looking around, otherwise I would've skipped it.

Thank you for the input ^-^

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
i got a problem with the quest in the church in the first town, Objectives:
do a piruett, clap, jump and airpunch. but when i have done the emotions she act as if i never did them :/

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrimzonEyed said:
do a piruett, clap, jump and airpunch. but when i have done the emotions she act as if i never did them :/
Did you assign them all to the DOWN direction in the order she said?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
haflore said:
CrimzonEyed said:
Did you assign them all to the DOWN direction in the order she said?
rofl now im feeling stupid XD
thats the punishment for being to tired and play

starfox223

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the best fix for that is getting a supercard DSTWO. This thing is beast, I'm using a clean version of the DQIX and I don't have any problems with it.

starfox223

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the best fix for that is getting a supercard DSTWO. This thing is beast, I'm using a clean version of the DQIX and I don't have any problems with it.

D

Deleted-258063

xXKronoXx said:
Update: Finally was able to hand in the quest successfully

How did you finish the quest without it freezing? I'm running into the exact same issue. Everything else works fine, and I believe I'm running the latest version of everything.

D

Deleted-258063

Gah! How random. Works now... Whatever. Maybe all the cursing I did eventually fixed it?

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I handed that one in last night and didn't have a problem. I've only had one freeze so far and it's more likely due to a contact problem on the AK2i than any of the ROMs.

starstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem. I have an updated AceKard2i. Everytime he tries to hand me the map, the game freezes. I've tried about ten times. Is the only answer just to keep trying?

noperfecttime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to add bad news to an already annoying problem but it looks like whatever bug this is prevents you from getting ANY treasure map. I just completed the game and was going to get another map from the King of Stornway and the same thing happens.

Although probably obvious I too would like to know of any solutions since I've tried probably 20 times with Chris what's his name.

Oh and for the record I am using acekard 2.1

noperfecttime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay it's probably bad to re-reply so soon but after trying everything under the sun I finally managed to get it to work. I switched my firmware to AKAIO 1.7 instead of the official one and that seemed to do the trick (I got both maps so I assume all is good).

I am not sure if this is relevant but I also switched my rom to one without the Venom intro so if the above doesn't work try that.

Lastly just to save whoever some trouble note that switching to AKAIO will change the save final extension to .sav so you need to change it to keep your save file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr