dq9 strill not working with akaio 1.7.1

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Shinigami357, Jul 31, 2010.

Jul 31, 2010
  1. Shinigami357
    OP

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    i know this is kinda redundant, but i have tried pretty much everything to be able to lay dq9 on my ak2i and still nothing works. i've updated everything, downloaded different roms, and still nothing. maybe the game hates me. so far the only thing i haven't been able to try is the patched rom. apparently, it has been taken down from every site i looked in (and it's against the rules to ask for it here) i should prob give up and wait for golden sun (hopefully they have more lenient AP on that)

grrrr, that's it, i've had it!!! screw you DQ9 and your ridiculous "harder to hack than pentagon's mainframe" AP!!! i'm gonna play golden sun when it releases and it's gonna be a better game than you!!!

2. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Which region version of DQ IX, you didn't specify? The US version works on AKAIO 1.7.1, after you update the loaders (the loaders in 1.7.1 had a bug). The EUR version was dumped after 1.7.1 was released and currently does not work. It is one of the games in the next beta, so it will be coming soon.

If you are trying the US version, make sure it is the clean, Bahamut, release. If none of this helps, provide a little more detail and perhaps we can help.

3. Shinigami357
    OP

Philippines
    hmmm, i've tried both the (E) and (U) release (downloaded them from the site i downloaded the majority of my roms from, so i daresay they're clean dumps) other than those 2, i haven't been able to find any other versions (especially the patched roms) coz they've been taken down or something. and my akaio 1.7.1 is the july 15 update, which the akaio team says should fix any problems, but so far, no luck [​IMG]

4. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you want a clean dump, you can do what I did and go buy it and dump it yourself?

5. Shinigami357
    OP

Philippines
    i decided to just play DQ 5... good game so far. i'm rather new to this rom's and flash linkers stuff, so no worries. now on to waiting for golden sun...

PS
    thanks for the help.

EDIT: it works now!!! finally!!!