dq9 online? or games like dq9

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by panic14, Sep 12, 2010.

Sep 12, 2010

dq9 online? or games like dq9 by panic14 at 5:16 AM (1,344 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. panic14
    OP

Newcomer panic14 Member

Canada
    hello, today i got dragon quest 9 sentinels of stary skies for ds.

i found out theres no global wi fi feature, wich REALLY sucks for me,

so i was wondering if there is any way to get online with other people from afar,

i know psp has somethink called x link kai wich allows you to connect to people form afar even if the game isnt like ment for it (like final fantsy dissidia)

is there anything like that for dragon quest 9? because that would be soooo sick the game would be so much funner.

if not, is there any other games like it that go online? because i think it would be soo fun being able to quest with them, or just goof around and explore and shit

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    XLink Kai works by redirecting the game info to the XLink Kai servers, rather than Microsoft/Sony servers.
    I'm not sure how it would be possible to do this for the NDS without connecting the DS to the PC -- i.e. the USB WiFi adapter, which MIGHT be what the PSP is, but even if it is, there's no NDS servers set up.

3. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    That's not how it works with Xlink Kai. It simply emulates a local LAN or Adhoc connection, there is no MS/Sony server involved. The DS has local wireless play that could be worked into Xlink Kai. The problem is that the wireless transmission is encrypted with a security measure. At one point, the Xlink Kai guys were working on it, but it was too difficult and they didn't want to reverse engineer the security behind it, so they just left it alone.

4. panic14
    OP

Newcomer panic14 Member

Canada
    so theres no way to get online with it? i have a wireless router that works both wireless and wired. what it i had a those nintendo wi fi stick things or anything like that?

Posts merged

so theres no way to get online with it? i have a wireless router that works both wireless and wired. what it i had a those nintendo wi fi stick things or anything like that?

5. DuDutZ

Newcomer DuDutZ Member

United States
    try...
    blue dragon awakened shadow
    FF crystal echoes of time
    phantasy star zero