DPG Settings for the latest moonshell

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by skullstatue, Jan 14, 2007.

1. skullstatue
    OP

skullstatue Banned

Banned
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    I haven't really had too much time to test the latest version of moonshell, but it seems to be more flexible with the DPG movies it allows you to play. I know MoonLight has implemented some new code to make them run smoother and sound better, but I was wondering what you guys set your DPG settings at. I would appreciate three different encoding categories: High Quality, High Framerate, and High Compression. Thanks guys, I appreciate your help in advance! [​IMG]

P.S. Everyone probably knows this but always use BatchDPG, it results in much, much higher quality.....

Downloads:
    BatchDPG 1.3 Beta 4 (Increased audio and visual performance, please post how it works for you. Thanks LS5 and fischju)
    http://ls5.cydonianknight.com/index.php?do...v1.3_beta_4.exe

2. fischju_original

fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    BatchDPG 1.3 beta 4
    FPS: 18
    Profile: Ultra
    Passes: 2
    Width: 256
    Height: 192
    Video Bitrate: 384
    Video Bitrate Max: 512
    Resizer: Bicubic
    Audio Bitrate: 128
    Sample Rate: 32768
    Joint Stereo
    Normalize: Yes

That is from my encode of all 5 seasons of scrubs, which is on gbatmw

I used
    FPS: 18
    Profile: Ultra
    Passes: 1
    Width: 256
    Height: 192
    Video Bitrate: 384
    Video Bitrate Max: 420
    Resizer: Bicubic
    Audio Bitrate: 128
    Sample Rate: 32768
    Joint Stereo
    Normalize: No

For my 10 seasons of south park, also on gbatmw

3. skullstatue
    OP

skullstatue Banned

Banned
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    Thank you, you don't mind me asking where to download BatchDPG 1.3 beta 4, I'm still using 1.0....

4. fischju_original

Banned
    Jul 22, 2006
    United States
  5. Deaddy

Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 10, 2004
    Canada
    thanks for the link

6. skullstatue
    OP

skullstatue Banned

Banned
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    I'm getting an error in BatchDPG:

Line 0

Error: Unable to execute external program

The System cannot find the file specified.

Is this caused by avisync or something????
    Or do I need to extract the file somewhere in particular?

Edit: I copied it over the BatchDPG 1.0 seems to works fine now, it just isn't showing the progress bar correctly (or it's still at 0%).

Edit: It's running extremely slow, even at highest CPU settings, encoding one episode is going to take at least two hours, is this normal?

Edit: It took it two hours to complete a 20 minute episode of Eureka Seven, when it finished converting the video I got the same error message again, and the resulting file isn't a playable format.... Is anyone getting errors similar to this???? Any help is appreciated, I'm sorry for bothering you guys so much.

7. Deaddy

Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 10, 2004
    Canada
    that kind of time isn't normal unless you have a real slow machine. and the file isn't normally playable on your pc so that's normal. I'm not sure about the error part.

8. skullstatue
    OP

skullstatue Banned

Banned
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    I know, it's not a DPG format, the files are still split and my computer is a P4 with 2gigs of RAM. Is the new BatchDPG working alirght for you? And is the quality way better than BatchDPG 1.0? I really wanted to get this to work [​IMG]

9. fischju_original

Banned
    Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    How many passes are you using?

10. skullstatue
    OP

skullstatue Banned

Banned
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    1 pass, I've tried almost all of the basic combinations, but I keep getting the same error....

Complete errors:

When file is selected following error recieved:
    Aspect Ratio not dectected, please set height and with manually.

Error received when attempting to run program:
    Lin 0 (file "C:\Documents and Settings\SkullStatue\Desktop\New Folder (2) (BatchDPG.exe)
    $progress = Run (FileGetShortName (@ScriptDir & "\mencoder.exe") & " """ & $temp & ".m1v"" -nosound -passlogfile """ & $ temp & ".log" -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video:keyint=60:vrc_buf_size=327:vrc_maxrate= "&$videoBitrateMx & ":vbitrate=" & $videobitrate & $vpass & $mencoder &
    "inra_matrix= 8, 9, 12, 22, (Im not gonna type all of these numbers but it goes up to 44 then back down to 22) -of rawvideo", """, """, 2)

Error: Unable to execute the external program.

The system cannot find the file specified..

11. fischju_original

Banned
    Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    Do you have any codec packs installed? If so, which?

12. LS5

LS5 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    The file fischju linked to is only a BatchDPG executable, it needs separate components to work correctly. First install http://ls5.cydonianknight.com/index.php?do...v1.3_beta_4.exe, and optionally place the new executable in the installation directory. There have been reports of BatchDPG v1.3 beta 4 output having synchronisation problems, and the new executable may or may not fix this. My microSD card seems to have died on me, so it's going to be a tough job for me doing any further testing on this matter for a while.

Note: the progress bar is broken in the new executable due to a new version of the compiler. I'll try to find out why this happens. If I can't find out, I'll just keep using an older version of the compiler.

13. fischju_original

Banned
    Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    oops, i havent downloaded it yet so i didnt know =\ You need to update the first post in the thread with these links, they are hella hard to find

14. skullstatue
    OP

skullstatue Banned

Banned
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    Thank you guys, it's working great, I'm sorry for the bother.

15. fischju_original

Banned
    Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    wow, we got 31 new members today 0.o its probably because of this thread too

16. kylew

kylew Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2006
    United States
    Im getting the file 0 error as well. "Skullstatue, how exactly did you fix this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice