Hacking Dpad stuck

Kandern97

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, so my 3DS' dpad is stuck in the up positition. Mind you, not the physical button itself, but the mechanism is being pressed on it's own. I know that I could disassemble my 3DS, but I don't have those specific tools and I don't want to break my 3ds. It's on 4.5 FW, so sending it to Nintendo is out of the question. Should compressed air be enough to fix it?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you mean it's stuck? like you don't feel the 'click' anymore when you press it?

Or it's simply acting like it's always pressed but appears to function normally?

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The only tool you need to open it up is a precision (aka, small) phillips screwdriver.

Also, what pirate asked.

soniczeki

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok, so my 3DS' dpad is stuck in the up positition. Mind you, not the physical button itself, but the mechanism is being pressed on it's own. I know that I could disassemble my 3DS, but I don't have those specific tools and I don't want to break my 3ds. It's on 4.5 FW, so sending it to Nintendo is out of the question. Should compressed air be enough to fix it?

The same problem happened to me. (Left Button)
I could not solve physically.
May sound a little crazy, but try remove the SD card and backup to pc. Then insert a new blank SD card. Until then copy the files again. ._. (IT WORKED FOR ME)

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The same problem happened to me. (Left Button)
I could not solve physically.
May sound a little crazy, but try remove the SD card and backup to pc. Then insert a new blank SD card. Until then copy the files again. ._. (IT WORKED FOR ME)

You're right, that does sound crazy. :P

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I would definitely try the SD solution first. If that does somehow fix it, that would save you a world of trouble. If it doesn't work, at least you can say you tried everything before going to the "take it apart" option.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, sorry for not clarifying, the dpad still clicks fine, it just acts as if it's being pressed down.

Yeah, get a small philips screwdriver (#00 I think) and check a guide on ifixit. Some videos on youtube may help too.

It's not terribly hard but it's delicate stuff. You'll have no problems if you take your time and pay attention.

Once you get the main board off you can try your compressed air on the faulty button (you should try to clean everything else too)

Of course you should try the weird SD card solution before anything, hhe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol