Downtown London Attacked!

SSJ Zac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have 370,000+ Acres burned to the ground and some still on fire over here in Las Vegas. Wasn't it Rumored that Al Quada was going to attack Las Vegas? Uh oh........RUN TO CALI!

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been busy cleaning my apartment here tonight so I'm not up on the latest news, but I'm surprised they haven't been making a big deal of the address from al-Quaida's number 2 not that long ago. At the time of his last one, our senior intelligence officials warned that every address since 9/11 by this veritable nutjob has been followed by devastating attacks within a few weeks, such that these warnings/addresses may be a signal to go ahead with their plans. At the very least, they're shaping up to be a dependable precursor. One hopes that officials and all citizens will pay more attention to these things. We no longer live in a world where we can walk a path with tunnel vision. As citizens, we greatly outnumber any security force and must remain aware of our surroundings.

I've been reading the 9/11 Commission Report and its amazing how many opportunities were missed to stop those terrible events. I'm sure investigations will reveal the same in London. It is important that we never let our guard down.

Oh well, this is just a quiet rant. It just saddens me that such unspeakable evil remains in the world and will most likely plague our children long after we're gone as the Middle East has been unstable for far too long. Part of me has been willing to synchronize keys on the region for quite awhile now. Perhaps that is why I should never be President.

BTW, I'd highly recommend reading the 9/11 report. It is a fascinating read on how much time and planning these people are willing to put in to accomplish their terrible objectives.

K

kefka

This is bad horrible. Im not up on my current news so dont think im dumb for asking this, but did they have troops in the middle east? I thought europe was trying to stay out of the war?

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is bad horrible. Im not up on my current news so dont think im dumb for asking this, but did they have troops in the middle east? I thought europe was trying to stay out of the war?

Some of Europe is for, some is neutral, some is against. Currently, many people seem to feel Tony Blair has become sort of a crony/henchfriend of Bush in supporting the war in Iraq. So yeah, British troops are in Iraq.

EDIT: Additional info from Wikipedia.

As of January 2005, there were 29 military forces in Iraq participating in the coalition. These were Albania, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, United Kingdom, United States, Ukraine, and the Kingdom of Tonga. Fiji is also present but under the United Nations banner. Poland, the Netherlands, Bulgaria and Ukraine have announced plans to withdraw. [10]

Well over 80% of the forces occupying Iraq are American. As of 15 January 2005, there were an estimated 153,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, not counting Special Forces. [11] The next largest contingent is that of the United Kingdom, with just under 9,000 [12]. There are also approximately 20,000 private security contractors of different nationalities under various employers.

and also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multinational_force_in_Iraq

K

kefka

Ok thanks for that info dias. I am an americian but alot of americians as do I disagree with the way bush is doing things in iraq.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See...It's actions like this that make me hate living on this fucking planet. What the fuck are people trying to occupy Iraq for? Oil? Seriously, this is the stupidest fucking shit that could have happened, all because a fucking money hungry hick from some shit town in texas got a little power-hungry. Anyone care to explain to me WHY this HAD to happen?

Quite frankly, when it all comes down to it, I'm glad that Canada has nothing to do with any of this right now, because I don't want my family being bombed simply because "Dubbya" drags every other fucking country into his goddamn affairs.

My condolences.

::Edit::
By the way, I'd like to hear what the fucking troops over in Iraq have to say about them being there, and I'd like to see if they even know the REASON as to why they're fucking there.

krustydemon9

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@krustydemon9: I don't think that how many troops who had where, matters at all. I'm seriously starting to think that Al-Queda is just doing this for fucking attention, IF it is Al-Queda...I don't believe it was them, I'm starting to think that everyone's pointing a finger at them because they're easiest to blame at this point.

Happy trails.

krustydemon9

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@krustydemon9: I don't think that how many troops who had where, matters at all. I'm seriously starting to think that Al-Queda is just doing this for fucking attention, IF it is Al-Queda...I don't believe it was them, I'm starting to think that everyone's pointing a finger at them because they're easiest to blame at this point.

Happy trails.
well i think it was them cause i remeber on the news 1 week or so ago tony bliar was moving troops out of iraq and in to afghanistan and if it is not them then who ?

Yidaki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My condolences to any family members that may of passed away today.
Yes, my condolences aswell. :'(

As for the "European Al-qaida" announcement, sounds fake to me.
wtf.gif

I'd rather believe it was the madrid bombers.

But 'why' is important. You aren't a terrorist without a 'why'.
Like the tjetjenians, they do stuff because they want russia out of their country.
Or the ETA, wants independance for the basks.
And, even though I wouldn't call IRA terrorists, they do what they do because they defend their right to their own country and religion.

The al-qaida has no 'why' for Great Britain.
They could just aswell bomb the south pole.
(ok, not really, but an attack on the US is more likely)
unsure.gif

I could concieve a 'why' for anyone through logical assessments.
But an act of terror has no point without a claim and a statement.
Here we have a fake claim and no statement, IMHO ofcourse.

The only thing left for us is game
nds.gif

Peace through gaming, world gaming day, portable games for peace.

Kyuketsuki_M

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nothing against the US but.....

If they're attacking countries because of their links to the US, shouldn't they aim a little higher...or are they afraid of Big Brother?

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
This is so horrible! Why do people have to do this? Why the innocent? When is this going to stop, when there is no-one left to kill?!

The Madrid bombing was a shock to me since I live in Spain.. And what really scared me was the fear in peoples eyes who where running out of the train...Such pure terror shouldn't exist in this world...
...Now it is possible that they are going for London. What next? The ETA is more than enough over here...I wish none of this bullshit existed.

Next..Ireland? Denmark? Italy? Greece? Japan? ...World?!
I doubt that theres actually anyone pure harted anymore, children arent innocent at my age, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a World War in about 30-40 years time ><

Jeez sometimes I wish we lived our lives in a different way...and that I could do something about things like these :\
My condolences to everyone hurt by terrorists.

...One of my longest posts o.O And maybe ive gone off being dramatic or simply idiotic :\

RDF

L

lastdual

Look, there's no reason to expect that this attack is a direct result of Iraq, or that counrtries who did not get involved will be safe. If anyone's actually been reading history, similar groups have been carrying out terrorist attacks since before America even existed. It's simply a matter of taking the passages in the Koran literally when they call for the subjucation of all nations. Remeber there's no separation of church and state in this theology. It's been going on for a thousand years and I think it's a little niave to believe everything is just going to stop.

Just a few totally-unrelated-to-Iraq attacks that come to mind: The bombing of the WTC in 93, asassination of Ghandi, ongoing terror along India/Pakistan border, continuous attacks in Bosnia, "cleansing" in Sudan.... *link illustrates point

krustydemon9

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is so horrible! Why do people have to do this? Why the innocent? When is this going to stop, when there is no-one left to kill?!

The Madrid bombing was a shock to me since I live in Spain.. And what really scared me was the fear in peoples eyes who where running out of the train...Such pure terror shouldn't exist in this world...
...Now it is possible that they are going for London. What next? The ETA is more than enough over here...I wish none of this bullshit existed.

Next..Ireland? Denmark? Italy? Greece? Japan? ...World?!
I doubt that theres actually anyone pure harted anymore, children arent innocent at my age, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a World War in about 30-40 years time ><

Jeez sometimes I wish we lived our lives in a different way...and that I could do something about things like these :\
My condolences to everyone hurt by terrorists.

...One of my longest posts o.O And maybe ive gone off being dramatic or simply idiotic :\

RDF
well i think i mit be next 2 be bombed or usa the prime minister of australia said that it is likly we are next
cry.gif
ocause i will not be hurt unless i got 2 a capital city so i think i may stay the f**K away from them until i have to go play baseball in brisbane
dry.gif
i say john howard is i f******d for gettin us in this s**t i disown him we have no prime minister in australia
nyanya.gif
biggrin.gif

gigagreato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I feel really sad about these terrorist activities. Not only are they harming other people, but many other muslims across the world. Just because of 0.5% of some muslim assholes do this, more than 90% of the muslims feel the effects. The muslim league in UK has told all muslims not to take trains unless absolutely necessary. I wouldn't be surprised if any innocent muslims be targeted in a violent manneer.
There is only one way to stop these fanatic al-quaeda 'muslims'. The muslim relegious leaders must openly oppose these actions and call for this to stop. This includes the prphets in Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. they all keep their mouths shut due to fear of attack against them, not knowing that they are only hurting islam this way.
I am a indian, and us and pakistanis have been enemies for decades. Yet, 20% of India consists of muslims, and we continue to live in relative harmony. Thsi is because the relegious leaders are strong and steadfast, not allowing such acts to occur in the name of 'relegion'.
I once read a islamic-related book, and in it it stated, " By dying a martyr for the sake of islam, Allah will take you to heaven, where numerous black-eyed virgins await you". I am not sure that this is what is stated in the Koran. But is this really what they are dying for? It is really shocking.
This post is not intended to attack any group of persons or individuals. Just felt like saying what I thought, folks. Peace.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte