Downtown London Attacked!

DarkKiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh no!
cry.gif
10 people have officialy died, and 50 people have non-officialy died (That was what the TV said). Thats very sad... Lets shut our mouth for 2 minutes, and mind all the dead people.

~DarkKiller~

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
God, I wake up this morning and flip on the TV and I'm greeted with this crap. Not sure how reliable our news channels are though. Some channels say 4 explosions, others say 7. Some channels say 2 killed, others say 20. They seem to agree on the number of 120 wounded though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all of you who don't know the reason, it was because of the G8, at least that's what Blair's saying.

If it was because of that, why not bomb somewhere in Scotland, somewhere closer to the G8 meeting?

Is´nt MadBob from London btw?
I'd assume its 'cos London is the most famous city in the UK and then theres the recent Live 8 in Hyde Park London, , London getting Olympics, G8, London being a major city in the financial world etc. The world has been focused on London for the past week or so, if I was a terrorist thats were I would attack to get the most attention.

EDIT: Just heard on BBC News 24, that a Islamic website has claims from Al-Quaida (however you spell it I dont care) that they are taking responsiblity.

ronin_in_tears

.:|pr0n$t4r|:.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I see this just as a warning for what may come, and to show the world that "they" got the power.
Nomatter how tight the security might be, "they" will find a way to bring caos,
even in a city that will be hosting the olympic games.

As i'm a Christian, I can't not say "death to all terrorists", as that wouldn't make me
a better person than "they" are. Hate breeds hate.

So instead i pray for the victims and their families.

May God be with us all.

~ronin~

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just heard this on the radio. What a nightmare. My condolences go out to those families that suffered a loss and I hope those that were injured will be alright. It's sad to see people go to such extremes and cause such pain for any reason.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
well, im startin' to wonder some things..... allmost EVERY terrorist action today are blamed on AL-quaida (spelling?).... (or they take the responsibillity what ever)... i think that is kinda suspicious..... there must be more terrorist organisations than just al-q. right?

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow that's shitty. I am glad that the gbatempers who are from the area who have replied are okay and best wished that this all end with out any more attackes and that the unspoken members from the area are okay as well as my condolences for the lives lost and families affected.

krustydemon9

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dont you guys think that it has nothing to do with the g8 meeting i think it is because they won the olympics just think if this all happened yesterday a hole lot more people would be dead or hurt i think this attack was just a scare but then again this is just what i think

ps this world is f****d up i feel ww3 coming
cry.gif

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was waiting for someone to post this.

My only comment:

Let the paranoia begin once again

Edit:

Ok, maybe I should say more than this, or many might get this wrong. Of course I am sorry for the innocent who have to suffer through something like this or who die.

That said, the political reactions are always the same, as is the paranoia-creating media resonance. "Almost everything kann kill you Z0mg!11!1!" would be appropriate.

This won't get fixed by more rules, more laws, and more swearing for revenge. Someone has to think about their own behaviour.

Ruth

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Last I heard on the radio they had confirmed there were only 4 explosions....It also seems possible the bus was blown up by a suicide bomber according to witnesses.
I think it seems obvious it was meant to disrupt the G8 summit, and seeing as Tony Blair has returned to London temporarily, it has.
Somehow I can't get my head around what it is these people hope to achieve by doing these kind of things? If anything it strengths the resolve to stop these fanatics at any cost.
Man's inhumanity to Man, I guess its sad when you realise the world will always have these problems. It's in our nature. :'(

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Strider - Londonrs have kept extremely calm during this time, a little shook up(a bomb just went off in your train you're going to be), but they're not running round screaming.

Hadrian - They attacked London because a) Its their way of telling them to get our nose out of their business with the US b) Because everyone's eyes are on Britain thanks the Olympics and G8 c) All of the Counter-Terrorists are in Scotland with the G8 Summit, makes it easier to bomb a big city if there's no CTs
frown.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
dont you guys think that it has nothing to do with the g8 meeting i think it is because they won the olympics just think if this all happened yesterday a hole lot more people would be dead or hurt i think this attack was just a scare but then again this is just what i think
I don't think it's aimed as response to G8 no, so maybe they avoided the day of the G8 protest to avoid adding insult to injury. It sounds weird I know, thinking that terrorists have a bit of moral sense in them is giving them too much credit but I think you know what I mean. If they'd hit yesterday, it would've had a larger impact in terms of the number of people affected but everyone would think they were against the aid for Africa thing. Hitting the day after is a compromise: some people may have stayed in London overnight and hence be travelling back today in the aftermath, along with the rush-hour commuters.

I think the olympic celebrations were probably just a coincidence - this attack had to have been organised in advance, so what would they have done if London hadn't got it? I doubt theyd've called it off... unless the day wasn't pre-planned and the olympics was the trigger that set the date? Gack, head spinning...
wacko.gif
*falls over*

[Edit] Oh, and Ruth may be right: they said that the buses were packed with people being turned away from the underground, right? I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the bus bomber was aiming for a tube, got turned away as the tube network shut down, followed the crowds and wound up on a bus. Seeing how crowded the thing was, the bomber set it off there and then.

krustydemon9

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its their way of telling them to get our nose out of their business with the US b) Because everyone's eyes are on Britain thanks the Olympics
i think it is because of thses up top y they bombed the uk

what do you people think would happen if all the troops from every where all went home ?

I don't think it's aimed as response to G8 no, so maybe they avoided the day of the G8 protest to avoid adding insult to injury. It sounds weird I know, thinking that terrorists have a bit of moral sense in them is giving them too much credit but I think you know what I mean. If they'd hit yesterday, it would've had a larger impact in terms of the number of people affected but everyone would think they were against the aid for Africa thing. Hitting the day after is a compromise: some people may have stayed in London overnight and hence be travelling back today in the aftermath, along with the rush-hour commuters.

I think the olympic celebrations were probably just a coincidence - this attack had to have been organised in advance, so what would they have done if London hadn't got it? I doubt theyd've called it off... unless the day wasn't pre-planned and the olympics was the trigger that set the date? Gack, head spinning... *falls over*

well i think it has more to do with the moving of troops now cause i forgot about it. it makes more sense really i dont think it would of been any of the g8 protesters so yes i think it was a terrorists attack and i hope tony takes all tropps out of there and i hope my f****d prime minister (john howard)
dry.gif
does not send more troops there or i will be gettin bombed
mad.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember what channel it was said on, but they updated their stats to 40 dead and 300 wounded...

RegalSin

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Genocyber ???

No really how do they even know if it was a real Terrorist?

What if this could be a goverment scare to advert citizens sights from the real issues at hand and the lives was just
there.

Seroiusly this is wrong and I hope London retain its rights and find out the truth which have been lacking for some time now?

Genocyber ??? where are you
mad.gif

Thats just messed up...........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr