DownloadPlay

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by DonLeon, Apr 12, 2008.

Apr 12, 2008

DownloadPlay by DonLeon at 7:07 AM (1,301 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. DonLeon
    OP

Newcomer DonLeon Advanced Member

Indonesia
    hello i want to ask about how to downloadplay with DSTT/with othercards
    The first one must be 1 of the connected DS must have the game with downloadplay right?
    after that how to download it? must i remove the card from slot 1 or??

2. Guat

Newcomer Guat Member

Puerto Rico
    I think you got it wrong, Download Play is the ability to play single card multiplayer games with other DS in a LAN that don't have the games.

Anyways to make it work just select on one DS the game, go to the multiplayer menu and from there choose an option that sounds like single card play, or download, or something similar.

In the other DS just go to the regular menu and choose Download Play and it should start downloading.

But before anything, make sure that the game does support D/L Play.

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I think DonLeon wants to know how to get to the regular NDS menu from the DSTT since it always boots to its menu in order to accept a download play initiated by another DS. DonLeon, there is a .nds file called "back2fw" by Yasu that will go back to the NDS menu where you can accept a download play without removing the DSTT. Or you can use Yasu's YSMenu instead (which has the ability built-in).

Both are on Yasu's website at http://home.usay.jp. To get "back2fw," click on "ETC" in the main menu, click on "NintendoDS", click on "in english" near the top, and you'll find the link to "back2fw" about halfway down the page under "My Softwares".

-Bri

4. Guat

Newcomer Guat Member

Puerto Rico
    Oh ok, i misunderstood what he wrote.

I have to check the YSMenu myself, people have been telling that is better than the regular kernel.

5. DonLeon
    OP

Newcomer DonLeon Advanced Member

Indonesia
    so i don't have to remove the DSTT right?
    my friend said that it would corrupt the data/made the DSTT error" if the DSTT inserted when the NDS is on
    hmm thankx for the explanation because with the normal DSTT menu i cannot go back to the original NDS menu

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You don't have to remove the DSTT at all if you use back2fw.

The other way is to turn OFF your NDS and remove the DSTT WITH THE NDS OFF -- your friend is correct, don't remove the DSTT when the NDS is on! When you turn it back on, you will of course get the regular NDS menu where you can accept a download play initiated by another NDS.

-Bri