Downloading Games from UWizard and Extract to Wii U ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Casis, May 9, 2017.

1. Casis
    OP

Casis I'm no hero, but I try to help when I can.

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    I used UWizard to download Hyrule Warriors, and now I have the folder with the "code," "content," and "meta" folders along with a bunch of randomly numbered files as well. Is it possible to put the game onto my Wii U? If so, how?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You need the original NUS files (.app, .h3 files and title.tmd title.tik title.cert), the files you have are in extracted Loadiine format.
    I think you can download NUS files with UWizard too, but I've only used Wii U USB Helper.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, May 9, 2017
  3. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    That's what I used for getting Hyrule Warriors, downloading it through the NUS Downloader U tab. So, is that step already complete?

4. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Huh?
    Let me rephrase.
    If you don't have the .app, .h3, .tik, .tmd and .cert you are better off just redownloading the game.

5. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    The files that I have that are the closest to the ones you just named are: tmd.112, cetk, and app.xml . I don't see h3 or tik anywhere, so I guess I don't have ANY of those files. How could I acquire them? Could I perhaps convert this into a .wud?

6. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    I used USB Helper and I got the files you said I needed. I have an UPDATES folder of the game and it does contain Hyrule Warriors. Do I drag all of those files into the actual game folder and overwrite them?

7. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    No, the update is a separate install.

8. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    I just dragged the game into the root of my SD card and overwrote the files just now. Oops... I have somewhere to be soon so that's why I'm rushing this. I don't understand how to update the game, then, nor how this program works exactly. Could you please tell me how to update the game?

9. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The update is installed in the same way as the base game.

10. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Just like The Real Jdbye said, you install an update the exact way you install a game with WUP Installer.

The files you have are for loadiine, they are the extracted game files. You need the Install/compressed files, so you can install the game with WUP Installer. Just redownload the game but don't extract the files.

If you download the game with USB Helper, even if you check the box to extract the files when it's done downloading, it should still have the original install files in a folder somewhere. Depends on how you have USB Helper set up.

11. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I used USB Helper to download the game and pressed "copy to SD," so it already had everything ready to install with WUP Installer, but I'm getting an error code. I assume it's ready, right? I followed a tutorial to guide me through it but no luck. You can come look at the discussion here if you would like to provide any further assistance. https://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-error-0xfffcffe9.470217/#post-7300273
    Thank you for taking the time to comment on my discussion, really helps a lot !