Gaming Downloading Arcade games?

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there,

I was wondering if it was possible to download and successfully install arcade games just like you would with a Wii WAD file?
Note: I am not looking for any direct links to any files, I'm just wondering if it's possible at all.

Thanks in advance.

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope,

However it is possible with a couple of them mainly ones that were given out free. You need the kit to hook your 360's HDD to your PC to transfer them across.

Isn't worth it in my opinion.

Also the Arcade Unplugged Disc has some XBLA games but they run from the Disc all the time

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright then. The method you describe MiloFoxburr is simply the normal way of burning a disc and loading it onto the Xbox 360.

But thanks for answering my question.
smile.gif

It makes me wonder why you aren't able to do that though... I thought homebrew were unlocked on the Xbox360.

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Selxis said:
Alright then. The method you describe MiloFoxburr is simply the normal way of burning a disc and loading it onto the Xbox 360.

But thanks for answering my question.
smile.gif

It makes me wonder why you aren't able to do that though... I thought homebrew were unlocked on the Xbox360.

Homebrew can be ran on an old Kernel version. You were either lucky and hadn't upgraded past it when the hack came out or you can use a very complicated method to downgrade. Even then you're limited with what you can do Homebrew wise.

Also they've yet to crack the DRM used for XBL content.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
Yeah, I wish this could be figured out... it would be awesome if we could get Arcade games/DLC and stuff like that for free.

I'd prefer not too, that would greatly raise the chances of getting banned, because if a cross check was done on XBLA and your content, they'd see you didn't pay for it.

Honestly I'm glad that I pay for my arcade games and DLC, it gives me more of a reason to play my games and really gives them more value.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
War said:
Yeah, I wish this could be figured out... it would be awesome if we could get Arcade games/DLC and stuff like that for free.

I'd prefer not too, that would greatly raise the chances of getting banned, because if a cross check was done on XBLA and your content, they'd see you didn't pay for it.

Honestly I'm glad that I pay for my arcade games and DLC, it gives me more of a reason to play my games and really gives them more value.
Yeah, it's not like the Wii. The 360 is always connected to the internet (unless you unplug the ethernet, obviously), so it's constantly streaming data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1