Hacking Downloaded vita game is a file, not a .VPK. How do I install?

Randy Steele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, I've downloaded several vita games that are just a folder. Where do I copy this folder to install the game?

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will not get direct piracy help here, google is your friend.
Well that's just completely inaccurate. Have you seen half of the threads here lately? Many talk about easy and simple ways to install vpk files. It's not like he posted a link to warez or asked for a link to Vita Roms.

OP: Maybe they removed the file format for legality reasons. Try renaming it to .vpk?

D

Deleted User

You will not get direct piracy help here, google is your friend.
You can aid people in piracy here. The only thing you can't do is link to warez/copyrighted content. Your claim is a common misconception.

OP, are the games in the folders already decrypted? If so, just pack them into a ZIP file (with the eboot.bin file at the root of the ZIP) and rename the .zip extension to .vpk and install to your Vita.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can aid people in piracy here. The only thing you can't do is link to warez/copyrighted content. Your claim is a common misconception.

OP, are the games in the folders already decrypted? If so, just pack them into a ZIP file (with the eboot.bin file at the root of the ZIP) and rename the .zip extension to .vpk and install to your Vita.

Chances are if th OP doesnt know what to do with the files he has downloaded, he will NOT know if they are decrypted or not.

Reactions: g4r37h
D

Deleted User

Chances are if th OP doesnt know what to do with the files he has downloaded, he will NOT know if they are decrypted or not.
Erm, you do know you can just open sce_sys/icon0.png in an image viewer and if it shows up as corrupted, they are all encrypted files...

alternatively, the sce_pfs folder is present only in encrypted dumps as well.

Reactions: jastolze

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Erm, you do know you can just open sce_sys/icon0.png in an image viewer and if it shows up as corrupted, they are all encrypted files...

alternatively, the sce_pfs folder is present only in encrypted dumps as well.

Yes of course i know that, i am not the one asking for help with a game i downloaded elsewhere and have no clue what i'm doing with it.

Reactions: g4r37h

Randy Steele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untitled22222.png
Untitled1111.png

D

Deleted User

@Randy Steele Yep; I imagined it would be something like that. Just place the contents of the PCSG00551 folder into a ZIP file as I mentioned earlier and rename the zip extension to .vpk. It should then be able to be installed via VitaShell like any other packed VPK.

@nikeymikey Yeah, I see where I went wrong there; sorry about that.

Last edited by ,

Randy Steele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Randy Steele Yep; I imagined it would be something like that. Just place the contents of the PCSG00551 folder into a ZIP file as I mentioned earlier and rename the zip extension to .vpk. It should then be able to be installed via VitaShell like any other packed VPK.

@nikeymikey Yeah, I see where I went wrong there; sorry about that. Never any need to be grumpy about it though... :glare:
Thank you so much for the help. Its nice to see people willing to help, rather than that nikeymikey douche bag chastising me.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much for the help. Its nice to see people willing to help, rather than that nikeymikey douche bag chastising me.

@Randy Steele I was just pointing out that this is supposed to be a NO Piracy forum.... :) No need to be calling me a douche bag!!! You could of found out what yo needed to know with a simple google search!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either