OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to help a guy out with getting his download play to work on his M3 Simply the other day and it turns out that I can't get download play on mario kart ds to work on any of the following that I tested that day:

M3 Real (with latest firmware)
M3 Simply (with latest firmware)

which lends me to believe that it won't work on the R4 either.

Isn't this a feature that they keep saying 'this fixes the download play problem' in their updates? It looks like only Bomberman works, that doesn't sound fixed.

I have more testing to do but download play probably doesn't work on my supercard CF or m3 CF either.

Are they fixing this feature? Pretty much i bought spare cards in case I had an issue like this come up, just put one copy of mario kart on each and then start a wifi battle.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It should all be fixed. For a game as popular as Mario Kart, I don't think there would be problems. I clearly remember downloading Mario Kart off my sisters R4 (don't have a card yet
tongue.gif
)

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it works, ive done it my self, but re download the game and dont trim it, then tst it, then trim it with ndstokyotrim or r4 trimmer 2.0 and test it

it should work then

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I still have yet to try the trimmer, not sure why that'd fix it but I'll give it a shot. Have any of you successfully tried this with Mario Kart DS -scz? USA version.

Thanks

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried 1.08 on M3 simply just now with trimmed usa scz mario kart and download play doesn't work. It's definitely looking like cyclods is the one to use for download play.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What the hell. I've just used the US Mario Kart on my R4 and download play has worked successfully.

Trimmed with NDSTokyo whatever.

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm I dunno I'll try to find that tool but I used this one from the other thread that had the link to 1.08 firmware "M3DSS ROM Trimmer 2.0.exe"

ok tokyo one isn't fixing the problem.. I haven't tried this on my R4 yet though, not sure why it'd be any different.. unless the 1.12 for r4 is better than 1.08 for m3

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok n/m the download play works, apparantly you have to select "cut off" when it connects then it downloads... that wasn't too self explanitory

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok n/m the download play works, apparantly you have to select "cut off" when it connects then it downloads... that wasn't too self explanitory

LOL. Glad you got it working. Most Download Play games are like this too.

yeah dude I felt like a total dumbass after I figured that out because I posted on a couple threads about it.

But also my friend who had that problem says this didn't work for him. I have no idea at all why not. I think I'll just have to leave it go then, maybe he'll buy an M3 Real like any sane person. I love my m3 real well.... I was playing my regular M3 last, sheesh I never played starfox before yesterday..that game is super fun!

ooh44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
M3 Real need to press [Y] to start game to support download play.

but... CONTRA4 can't be a host on multiplayer while R4,EZ5 can be a host of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi